Anyone on nights?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You're both right! That's why I keep lots of fruits and salad mix always on hand, plus I bake chicken at the beginning of the week so that I have it to add to salad or broccoli throughout the week. I also don't run errands when I'm hungry, that way fast food isn't so tempting. Not that there's anything wrong with fast food, just that it doesn't fill me up and uses up so many of my calories for the day.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    How about Boogie Nights?
  • leavingofliverpool
    leavingofliverpool Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do 4 x 10 hour nights from 9pm to 7am in a largely deserted office. Listen to music on youtube and go for a mad running sprint as fast as i can round the block outside at 3am every morning. You would be surprised how it wakes you up for the last few hours. (and burns a few carbs too).
  • BigDoug13
    BigDoug13 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am not on nights, but I live in Germany...does that work? Add me!
  • christyb77
    christyb77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN ON NIGHTS FOR 6 YEARS AND MY HEALTH IS SLOWELY DECLINING... I AM ALWAYS TIRED
  • Calaniman
    Calaniman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in Asia so I'll always be on nights assuming you live in North America, feel free to add me as well. Trying to get from 210lbs to 145lbs, was 225lbs at my heaviest. Down to 185 now and trying to learn to live and eat healthy on a different continent.
  • loserintraining
    loserintraining Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am currently a 911 dispatcher. I am going to school and declared my major for nursing but not sure if I want to go that route yet. I have years to figure it out at the rate I am going.

HI!! I am a 911 dispatcher too and currently on nights!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Night shifter right here! Nothing cool, just a night auditor at a timeshare resort...haven't done this shift in 2-3 years, ughhh must sleep!!! lol
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Heya night shifters. I'm in the intensive care unit tonight working 7p-7a . I'm about to break out my NROLFW book and read. Shoot me a message. It's not too bad tonight. I typed that so it doesn't count for the supersticiously inclined:)
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Another Midnight shifter here! I'm in the travel department for FedEx. Currently working 8pm-7am. This shift will mess with your health and your diet. Eleven years and 70 pounds later, I can testify!

I now bring all my snacks and stay away from the vending machines. Also use my lunch time to walk inside/outside on the nights I work. And off days I get to enjoy classes at the gym. My hat is off to all those who can work this shift, and still eat healthy and get enough exercise!
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I work 10 hour shifts and I also work nights. Working nights and sleeping what little bit you can sleep during the day is AWFUL for your diet/exercise program. With me, it seems like I can never get enough sleep, have very little energy for exercise and end up eating just to try to stay awake to spend time with my family.