Really want to gain

Options
But its hard cause I'm usually active but eat a lot (I have high metabolism) I want to gain muscle or fat doesn't matter.. is there a way I can get it fast?? I'm 5'0 , 122 pounds

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're on the higher end of a healthy BMI already, so how much are you looking to gain?
  • PatrickSchwebach
    Options
    Eat everything. I use to weigh 148 and I started eating about 4,200 calories a day and I went up to 175 in a couple months. Try to eat even when you don't feel hungry and you'll get use to it and I'd recommend eating every 2 hours.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat everything. I use to weigh 148 and I started eating about 4,200 calories a day and I went up to 175 in a couple months. Try to eat even when you don't feel hungry and you'll get use to it and I'd recommend eating every 2 hours.

I assume you gained a lot of fat?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options

Even if he isn't natty, in three months, it's going to be a crap ton of fat.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Even if he isn't natty, in three months, it's going to be a crap ton of fat.

A lot of fat and a lot of water depending on "supplements" with maybe a small amount of muscle.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    TDEE + 500 calories, EVERY DAY. Check yourself every week. Not gaining? Add another 200 calories daily until constant weight gain achieved.

Suggestion: Don't surpass 1lbs per week. Your body can only build so much muscle, any excess will be fat. If you are patient, I'd recommend a lean bulk which is +0.5lbs per week to maximise muscle gain and minimise fat gain, but really it is up to you.