Any former tobacco users?

I started using MFP back in May and lost 30lbs but have since gained it back plus some. Some of that has been from when I quit chewing in September. Any other former tobacco users struggle with this?

Replies

• boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    I stopped smoking in June and gained 20 pounds. I've started using MFP to get back on track and lose that weight plus more. There are some days I just want to start smoking again so it'll be easier not to eat haha but it's a helluva lot harder to run then!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I stopped smoking cigarettes about 5 years ago and yes, I did notice some slight weight gain. Nothing major, though.

That said, I still smoke my pipes fairly regularly and will have the occasional cigar if I'm in the mood (particularly during the summer).
  • elephant_eater
    elephant_eater Posts: 12 Member
    boothekm1 wrote: »
    I stopped smoking in June and gained 20 pounds. I've started using MFP to get back on track and lose that weight plus more. There are some days I just want to start smoking again so it'll be easier not to eat haha but it's a helluva lot harder to run then!

I get that! Immediately after I got done with a workout or a run, I would put in a dip. Definitely used to be a trigger for me.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Past smoker here, nothing insane about 2-5 cigarettes a day for a few years. I found that I needed to insert a new habit to help get past my triggers... sometimes that ended up being food (ie weight gain). These days when I'm bored or need a "fix" of something I drink a cup of coffee or tea.