Exercises for stubborn stomach fat?

Options
What's the best way to loose stubborn stomach fat? Any good foods or exercises?

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    reps of calorie deficits.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Foods which you can eat and stay in a consistent caloric deficit. You can't exercise fat and there's no such thing as spot reduction. The best exercises you can do are fork putdowns and table pushaways, because fat loss is driven by your calorie intake.

Read the thread linked above, best advice you'll find.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sadly you can have an awesome set of abs hidden by a layer of fat, the only way to do it is a consistent caloric deficit and even then each of us loses fat in different places first (for me it was my face and arms)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

Ride a bike at least 8 hours a week. Or go for a 60 - 90 minute run 6 days a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Deficit for weight loss, adequate protein and a progressive resistance program (either body weight or weight training) for muscle retention (more muscle = leaner). If you are doing compound lifts (deadlift, sqaut, OHP, Chest Press), then you will engage your core muscles.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can not target fat loss with exercise alone.
    A calorie deficit, a progressive lifting program, and some protein will be your best friends.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options

Ride a bike at least 8 hours a week. Or go for a 60 - 90 minute run 6 days a week.
    But this wouldn't matter if there was no calorie deficit. There are lots of people that gym 60-90 minutes a day and still don't lose weight. And that's usually due to not being in calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

But this wouldn't matter if there was no calorie deficit. There are lots of people that gym 60-90 minutes a day and still don't lose weight. And that's usually due to not being in calorie deficit.

Yes, yes - I am well aware of that, and I did expect a response or two such as yours. "Lose weight in the kitchen"....and what not which I firmly espouse. CICO rules - whether one is exercising or not. But based on the OP's silly Axx handle of Antonio Scala (sic as they didn't even spell it right) and only 2 posts - I'm going with the theme that my response was more than enough. In fact, I shouldn't have even wasted (or rather waisted) my time. ;)

Assuming the OP is and has been losing weight, but is stuck with attacking the dreaded "belly fat" that can be for many the last thing to go is what predicated my post. Well, that and morning coffee drinking pre-work boredom.

If you spend as much time as I prescribed doing endurance on the bike or running, it is very hard to eat enough to not be in a deficit. Anybody who is at the level of pumping out at least 8 hours of endurance a week has long since learned not to out eat the exercise and would most likely not even be asking about stubborn belly fat.

So - whether we get "Antonio Scala (sic)" on board or not to cut that stubborn stomach fat with CICO, exercise, or both - I figure 8 hours minimum a week on the bike or running will be a just reward.

Comprende?
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Are you okay?

Yes, I'm healed. A slice of pumpkin pie after a long work day did the trick.

B)

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options

Yes, yes - I am well aware of that, and I did expect a response or two such as yours. "Lose weight in the kitchen"....and what not which I firmly espouse. CICO rules - whether one is exercising or not. But based on the OP's silly Axx handle of Antonio Scala (sic as they didn't even spell it right) and only 2 posts - I'm going with the theme that my response was more than enough. In fact, I shouldn't have even wasted (or rather waisted) my time. ;)

Assuming the OP is and has been losing weight, but is stuck with attacking the dreaded "belly fat" that can be for many the last thing to go is what predicated my post. Well, that and morning coffee drinking pre-work boredom.

If you spend as much time as I prescribed doing endurance on the bike or running, it is very hard to eat enough to not be in a deficit. Anybody who is at the level of pumping out at least 8 hours of endurance a week has long since learned not to out eat the exercise and would most likely not even be asking about stubborn belly fat.

So - whether we get "Antonio Scala (sic)" on board or not to cut that stubborn stomach fat with CICO, exercise, or both - I figure 8 hours minimum a week on the bike or running will be a just reward.

Comprende?

You weren't by chance thinking of Antonin Scalia, were you?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options

Comprende?
    Just pointing it out because there WILL be people who'll take this and go out and ride for hours on in and still not get the results they want because they believe it's EXERCISE that will remove the fat, when the truth is it still comes down to CICO.
    But I get what you meant to say. And personally, out of all my cardio I enjoy bike riding outside the best.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Are you okay?

Yes, I'm healed. A slice of pumpkin pie after a long work day did the trick.

B)

Okay, phew. lol. I know the feels.