Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting out

Hello!

I'm considering this the start to my weightliss journey. I'm 5ft 1 and 176lb. I'm hoping to lose about 30lb, then maybe some more after that.

I've always been a chucky girl and don't mind that. I live curves just as much as the next person lol. However in the last year and a half my weight has really ballooned after the death of a child followed by moving abroad two months later. Emotional comfort/binge eating paired with the unhealthy food options available at my new living arrangements mean I've gone from a UK 12 to 16/18. I was pretty shocked to l learn that my BMI was well over obses and nearing into mobidly obese.

So here I am.
Exercise is my nemesis. I'm lazy and don't enjoy it. I've joined a gym and try to powerwalk on the treadmill for at least 40min three times a week (yet haven't been in 2 weeks haaaaah). I know I should incorporate weights in some where but I'm a bit clueless tbh.

So that's me for now. Here to make friends and keep accountability and learn lots of tips from everyone.

Replies

• southerngirl1966
    southerngirl1966 Posts: 24 Member
    starting is hard but keeping up with it is the hardest. don't try to do too much. drink more water, eat out less, cut back on junk and move more for a while until you get more motivated. then find an exercise you really love and is fun and different, like boxing or marital arts or swimming. so it feels more like play than work.
    i am sorry for your loss. good luck to you
  • karasugng99
    karasugng99 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, want to start with me? I'm around the same height and weight with a similar goal.