Workout Split

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It takes me 75-90 minutes, start to finish, warm-up until last set, to do a full body program 3x/wk. I could do it in 60 minutes if I stuck to 3 exercises but I prefer to do more than that. This is in my home gym where I don't have to wait for equipment. I don't think it's far-fetched for somebody to say that they can't fit a full body workout into 60 minutes.

OP, you might like an upper/lower split, which you could run 4 days a week (2 upper days, 2 lower days.) You can do that within an hour. The other alternative is to do full body 4 days per week but vary intensity and you'd use fewer sets each day. Bret Contreras has written quite a bit about this so you might check out his website a bit.

ETA: Here's a link to a post from Contreras where he details a 4 day per week full body program: https://bretcontreras.com/how-to-design-an-optimal-glute-training-program/
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The full body routines I were doing were less than an hour and that included a warm up. And on my other days, I would do HIIT. And I have a 1 year old.