Can't seem to lose what I gained

Options
Good evening, my name is Gabrielle and I been using my fitness pal since I believe April? Recently I stopped logging in my food and exercise since I wasn't seeing any results (not sure if my diary is public, you're welcome to look at what I have posted!)

Part of the reason I started using this app was because while I was taking Abilify for my depression, I had gained ten to twelve pounds in the span of three weeks. I quickly reached out to my doctor and started a natural suppliment instead, which worked out nicely. However, the damage was done and I had to start all over again with losing weight.

Here's a quick run down of some basics about me. I'm a 31 year old female, 5'2" and currently 125 pounds. Prior to my weight gain, I was maintaining 115-117 pounds for roughly three years (I have been working out and changed my diet since that time). I'm a very petite woman, so ten pounds really shows on a dwarf like me!

That being said, I successfully lost weight in the past from similar issues with medication making me gain weight (back in high school, I was 110 but the medication brought me up to 140)! But this time around, I'm concerned that my age may play a factor in my goals or maybe even what I could be eating?

Currently, I work out four to five days a week doing HITT training, lifting or cycling for roughly 60 to 90 minutes. When I was using this app, it recommended that I eat 1,200 in order to lose weight which seemed rather low, so I was between that and 1,400 calorie wise. My diet is pretty balanced as I try to stick to high protein foods, veggies, fruit, and nuts. However, I feel I must be doing something wrong to be bouncing back and forth weight wise (maybe what I eat?). I can't seem to get below 125 for too long, but thankfully I'm not spiking up to 130 when I had originally gained the weight from the medication.

Any and all advice is welcomed and if I need to be more specific concerning food, exercise or anything else, let me know. Thank you!!

Replies