Will my stomach get any flatter/narrower?

Options
so i recently started getting back into the gym after a year of slacking. i used to be obsessed with glute building and still kind of am. but now i want fo focus more on losing fat.

im not so sure what my body fat % is, but based on my pic would you be able to tell me if my waist will appear any slimmer and narrower when i lose more fat?

i dont really like the side view of my waist but maybe that is just how my body is built... ultimately i just want defined curves and an hourglass shape

.ldc7suyt18rk.jpg
ie85fpei10kg.jpg

Replies

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    wargrrl wrote: »
    so i recently started getting back into the gym after a year of slacking. i used to be obsessed with glute building and still kind of am. but now i want fo focus more on losing fat.

im not so sure what my body fat % is, but based on my pic would you be able to tell me if my waist will appear any slimmer and narrower when i lose more fat?

i dont really like the side view of my waist but maybe that is just how my body is built... ultimately i just want defined curves and an hourglass shape

.ldc7suyt18rk.jpg
    ie85fpei10kg.jpg

Yes, if you continue losing fat the stomach will appear slimmer.

25984311325_a9db7fa603_b.jpg
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    It should...things tend to look smaller when fat comes off them. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    An hourglass shape would be determined by your genetics and your training programme

I was far more defined hourglass out of shape and overweight than I am in shape and at goal

I'd suggest a recomp..eat at maintenance, hit a gym, follow a decent progressive resistance programme like strong curves, stronglifts or starting strength
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you'll trim down and get a slimmer waist as you reduce your body fat. Keep on working hard and dial in your nutrition. Fast-paced weight lifting and HIIT cardio will do the trick for sure :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    An hourglass shape would be determined by your genetics and your training programme

I was far more defined hourglass out of shape and overweight than I am in shape and at goal

I'd suggest a recomp..eat at maintenance, hit a gym, follow a decent progressive resistance programme like strong curves, stronglifts or starting strength

Yup. Some bigger core muscles would improve things nicely (but of course your waist is already quite lovely).