Strong curves

Options
Ladies have y'all tried strong curves? If so how was it? And how long have y'all been lifting if you have tried it?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I ran Strong Curves a while back and continued to do variations of it even while I was pregnant.. it is a fantastic program (or set of programs) especially focused on glute activation and building. I was lifting for about 4 months before I started. There is a beginner and advanced program so someone with or without experience can run it and benefit.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I did it this summer after having followed powerlifting routines for 3 years. I was having a lot of back pain and was told I needed to strengthen my glutes, so I did this program for about 6 weeks. It definitely helped, but I prefer an upper/lower split and SC is full body (except for the glutes-only routine). I incorporate a lot of what I learned into what I do now. Now that I think about it, I should probably give this a go again since I can't lift heavy at the moment.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I recently went into a psoriatic arthritis flare and had to put down the weights entirely. I pulled out my Strong Curves book and did the body weight routines and was surprised they kicked my butt so much and that I liked them as much as I did.

Now that I'm gradually coming out of my flare, I've decided to run the actual program.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my second round of Strong Curves. Love the full body workout and find I'm definitely stronger and have made some small gains in muscle mass.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4. I really wish there was an upper/lower split as the most convenient, best days for me to lift are Thursday's and Fridays.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Oh and I've been lifting for over a year.