Do your eating habits get WORSE on MFP?

Options
Titoki1
Titoki1 Posts: 39 Member
edited December 2016 in Motivation and Support
I suppose it's down to deprivation, but I feel like I ate better before I started logging. I could just be kidding myself and I really did always eat this bad; or it could just be Christmas, or it could be all this junk food around (that I don't bring into the house - roommates) but I feel like MFP makes me more contrary and more liable to say "aw *kitten* it" and eat it anyway. Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes, if I'm not able to comply with the goal for whatever reason, logging just feels like a beating and doesn't give me the validation I need. When I'm able to structure my eating to fit within the goals, then the tool works exactly how it's supposed to in helping me meet my goals.

Mind sharing your stats and daily calorie target?

Edit: whoops, sorry, it looks like your diary is public. You're doing 1200, but with your weight loss goals could probably throw on at least a couple hundred calories plus your exercise calories. You'll lose weight slower, but uh... you'll actually lose weight. What do you think of selecting a lower weekly rate of weight loss? Was there any reason in particular you selected your current target?
  • Titoki1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well considering I've lost nothing in these first 3 weeks I'm clearly doing it wrong! I'll give myself a higher allowance and maybe they'll help the feeling of satisfaction -or I could just cut out the celebratory junk in tjthe first place! Have never done MFP or counted calories before so it's a big learning curve. Thanks for your thoughtful reply
  • Titoki1
    Options
    I see party and afternoon snacks are counting for 40% of my calories! Major hint there ...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My eating habits were not too bad before I started--I cook alot, but I have to say that they've improved immensely, and my excersising has become important. Thank you MFP. Log, log,log....
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    For me, MFP keeps me very accountable and keeps me on track. Once I decide to get lax on logging, my mental state goes down with it and I have "just a bite" here and there and before you know it, I've slipped down that old slippery slope. I will say that on "bad days" I force myself to log and I do feel really guilty. I need to get over that and just remember that tomorrow is another fresh start.