WORLD BLOOD PRESSURE NEWS

Options
Ok I wanna tell the world.
Since dieting, my bp has gone from a grade 3 hypertension 163/121 to a high normal 121/85.
OH YEAHhhh!!! B)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    That's great

You know caps is considered shouting online, which for this post I can see the excitement, but you may wish to tone it down in general
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Chuckle
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    WHY ALL THE YELLING? I'M TRYING TO SLEEP OVER HERE. :rage:

SORRY, MY BAD!!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    WHY ALL THE YELLING? I'M TRYING TO SLEEP OVER HERE. :rage:

SORRY, MY BAD!!!!

I feel like that wasn't a sincere apology. :grumble:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Keep shouting. I'll turn my phone down.

Congratulations, BTW. That's really amazing!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I hope it stays that way.

Mine came down, and was normal for almost two years. Then, boom, back up again. I am 104 pounds lighter (within 8 pounds of my goal) and on meds. Ugh! This weekend, even with meds, it has been elevated. :(
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »

Mine came down, and was normal for almost two years. Then, boom, back up again. I am 104 pounds lighter (within 8 pounds of my goal) and on meds. Ugh! This weekend, even with meds, it has been elevated. :(

I think sometimes as we begin to learn well how to eat inside our calorie limits better, we turn from lettuce to eggs etc and so add cholesterol. I've already figured out that eggs suppress my appetite and serve me better at the end of the total day than trying to eat salad (which is how I started dieting). I am still losing weight and losing my own built in cholesterol, but when my own fat layers become less, my body will grab the Cholesterol from eggs, avocado, etc. I will then have to look to nutrient values in the foods. I've also noticed that as I eat less flabby, fatty, stodge food, I need to flavour it more. So salt is going to be more of an issue when I lose more weight.
    I don't know if I've made sense with any of that, but thems my thoughts.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Not to worry - avocados have no cholesterol. I believe the latest studies show that eating eggs doesn't raise it either. Keep up the good work!
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »

I think sometimes as we begin to learn well how to eat inside our calorie limits better, we turn from lettuce to eggs etc and so add cholesterol. I've already figured out that eggs suppress my appetite and serve me better at the end of the total day than trying to eat salad (which is how I started dieting). I am still losing weight and losing my own built in cholesterol, but when my own fat layers become less, my body will grab the Cholesterol from eggs, avocado, etc. I will then have to look to nutrient values in the foods. I've also noticed that as I eat less flabby, fatty, stodge food, I need to flavour it more. So salt is going to be more of an issue when I lose more weight.
    I don't know if I've made sense with any of that, but thems my thoughts.

no it won't

Dietary cholesterol is irrelevant to high blood cholesterol ..saturated fats and trans fats are more foods to avoid
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    RBswe2r.gif

I know the good feeling from this news. Mine didn't stay down for long, so I'm stuck with a lowish sodium diet for eternity. Le sigh.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    TerryMyfitbitsnbobs Posts: 238 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    RBswe2r.gif

I know the good feeling from this news. Mine didn't stay down for long, so I'm stuck with a lowish sodium diet for eternity. Le sigh.

Sorry to hear that my friend. If you eat red meat, look to fish and poultry. Better still vegetarian here and there. I went veg for a while but had no idea how to balance it to get key nutrients. I ended up quite sad (physically, if that makes sense). What I do now is have a day or two a week as a veggie. I avoid meat substitutes because I have the suspicion that they probably have many unhealthy things to make it seem meaty. I am probably wrong but I imagine a meat flavour chewing gum mixed with soy beans or fungi. I go for food from vegetarian cultures and nations. Hindu food is good. I love cooking spicy stuff. Give my blood a break from heavy metal (iron mainly, not the music). I drink less coffee now too, and instead choose rooibus etc.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are worse things to shout about!