ooooh, I'm Halfway There! (pics)

Options
kindasortachewy
kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
Yupp, I'm halfway there! 30 pounds lost and 30 more to go. I was trying to find a photo to do a before/after with and I realize I haven't really allowed myself to be in photos since 2011, so the 'before' is for sure not my heaviest, but I'm sure you get the idea :)

I'm 23 years old, 5'11 and started MyFitnessPal at 213 pounds ( I think I got up to around 235 at the heaviest - I am 183 as of this morning and would like to be 155 by Christmas :) I just wanted to make this short sweet at to the point, if I can you can. I will open any questions you have though!

Edit ** I promise I have 20 or so pounds hanging on just my thighs/saddle bag area, when they say you can't spot reduce, they mean it! I have the weight to lose!

Face Before and During

d0ebb8cd-3579-439c-9f6d-58c34444fbfe_zpsc125ded6.jpg

Body Before and During in plaid :)

7da6c325-afff-4e58-bc44-e3aff17af5c2_zps2482a46c.jpg

509cc28e-81a2-49e1-882a-98814822164d_zpseb939805.jpg

Replies

• cherryhead23
    cherryhead23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great, I don't think you need to lose another 30lbs!
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    @Cherry, thank you :) I am holding weight in my hips/thighs, I promise its there. I'm still 183!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Halfway?!? You look awesome Daisy Duke! Keep going at it, but just so you know, I think that you look fantastic right here. And even in the before picture you looked like the type of girl I'd love to hang around. I like a girl who can appreciate the beauty of plaid. Love it! :D
  • cherryhead23
    Options
    Was just wondering what exercise you did? You stomach is incredible! :) I know what you mean about the lower body half, I've always been bottom heavy bit still always lose from the top first....grr!
  • kindasortachewy
    Options
    I started Zombie 5k app ( its a Couch 2 5k program ) in May and couldn't run for 30 seconds. I now walk/jog/run a 5k three times a week, I'm down to about 40 minutes which is great for me.

I do Zumba (in my living room) and kettle bell workouts (also in my living room)

I think the biggest thing for my stomach was lowering sodium and drinking 6-7 liters of water a day, I have no bloating at all and it makes a huge difference.

My stomach isn't 100% hard yet, there is a small 'smooshy' layer too, I can take a picture from the side if you'd like to see it so I am start heavy lifting this week to get 'harder' :)
  • cherryhead23
    Options
    Ok cool,pleased to hear you do it from home, as I don't have access to a gym and do workout DVDs/swimming/cycling/tennis/walking
  • titchtamsin
    titchtamsin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Serious motivation helper :) I will have to look into this Zombie app!
  • emmsw42
    emmsw42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! your determination is inspiring. keep going girl! you got this
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. Well Done :heart:
  • Pink722
    Pink722 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Absolute wow, I have he same goal weight and same problem areas, all thigh and hips. Well done your posts are always so positive and motivational ..... good luck reaching your target, sure you will smash it!
  • Harmony2376
    Harmony2376 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great! well done you :-)
    Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh ohhh, livin' on a prayer!

Great job! girlie, you lost weight AND got Bon Jovi stuck in my head. Bravo! :drinker:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    anyone quoting bon jovi gets respect from me. you look great! another 30? don't see where.
  • SynthStars
    SynthStars Posts: 14
    Options
    Wowzers, if I look like you when I get to 183 I'll be super happy. You look awesome! :D x
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @Cherry, thank you :) I am holding weight in my hips/thighs, I promise its there. I'm still 183!!

There's no way! haha You look absolutely amazing!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, looking into zombie run app.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You're seriously 183 pounds?? thats my weight! how tall are you? nice to know that weight doesnt mean large/fat (im struggling with the number, i still feel like im so much heavier than everyone else). Thanks for sharing, this is inspiring/awesome!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    looking fantastic, well done on putting in the effort and glad to see your getting the results :)
  • TotalPackageLive
    TotalPackageLive Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    U look great! i do not see 20 plus more pounds to lose. I also know that every woman knows her problem areas that no one else can see...but again you look Fabulous!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!