Not losing too much but could still use support, a bit long

Options
Hi, I've been using myfitnesspal off and on for a while but never came to the forums and I want to start using this a little more regularly now. I don’t have a lot to lose necessarily but I am at my heaviest weight ever and want to nip this in the bud before it goes any further, and also want to be generally more fit because I am much too sedentary and I am starting to notice the negative effects. I’m 26F, 5’6 and 140lbs and would like to get back to 130, after that I may readjust and lose more since back at 130 I already felt like I missed being 125, but I’m not sure whether it is reasonable or not so I will readjust when the time comes. I’m also concerned because when I occasionally walk the five flights of stairs to my office I am unreasonably out of breath.

Exercising is the hardest for me because I really hate it. Even when years ago I was going to the gym regularly and making progress, I still hated it. I just started going back to the gym and am going to take a swimming class in January which I think will help a lot, I have no aversion to pool exercises and want to be a better swimmer.

Typically I eat pretty healthy and don’t bring home unhealthy food, however since my honeymoon (!!) and now the holidays I’ve been indulging much more than usual and am having trouble breaking the cycle. Additionally I’ve noticed myself tending to go for larger portions, I have a cute bento lunchbox which is helping with that at work, but my husband is a bad influence at home, both with this and bringing in sweets that I would never buy myself.

If anyone would like to add me it would help to keep up my motivation. I have some pretty major self-esteem issues that often work against me as well, sometimes I have quit myfitnesspal because I became so upset looking at the numbers on a cheat day or unexpectedly fail day and I really want to get past it.
Thanks for reading if you made it through!

Replies