Hard time celebrating

Options
2»

Replies

• U2Bad1
    U2Bad1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It is a long journey, no doubt. I think other people are just jealous :)
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as you. I started in July of this year 2016 and so far have lost 26 pounds; I have about 118 pounds to go and I was just thinking today how when I look at myself it looks like nothing has changed...but I made a commitment to myself so I keep going. Time is going to pass anyway, I can spend it making change or I can spend it getting bigger, but yeah I understand how you feel.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm down ~50 with another 60 to go before I get to a "re-evaluate" weight. I go back and forth on being thrilled and kinda down. It's funny, but wearing smaller clothes is kinda a downer in a way. The pants I have on are tight because they are a 46W instead of a 52W, but they still feel tight and I still think I have a big gut (I do, just smaller than it was). My wife is happy for me and stuff, but I'm not doing this for her, just for myself.

So, in short, you're not the only one and I really have no decent advice on it.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'm ecstatic about every 1/10th of a pound lost!

But I know what you mean about the long journey still ahead. To get to where I want to be I've got another 3 to 6 months minimum. And I've already been at this since April of 2015- not myfitnesspal, but trying to get healthy & lose weight. So thats a year and 8 months? And I have probably another 1/2 year to go? It can get exhausting.

Try to focus on small achievements, including non-scale victories. Try comparing photos of yourself now with photos at your heaviest- you might not be at your goal yet but I bet the progress you've made is pretty apparent in photos.

Be proud of yourself!

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is don't focus on goal.

Can't even tell you off the top of my head how many pounds I have until "goal" or when I'll reevaluate my weight. I won't worry about that until I'm staring it in the face.

Right now, I worry about getting ten pounds down at a time. I'm 199 as of last weigh in. Back in onederland but I want to be in the 180s once I'm in the 180s I'll worry about the 170s and so on.

I'm sure some day goal will sneak up on me, but I'm not worried about it and you shouldn't either.
  • btodd304
    btodd304 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    The best advice I can give you is don't focus on goal.

Can't even tell you off the top of my head how many pounds I have until "goal" or when I'll reevaluate my weight. I won't worry about that until I'm staring it in the face.

Right now, I worry about getting ten pounds down at a time. I'm 199 as of last weigh in. Back in onederland but I want to be in the 180s once I'm in the 180s I'll worry about the 170s and so on.

I'm sure some day goal will sneak up on me, but I'm not worried about it and you shouldn't either.

Yes just easier said then done. I've always focused on the lbs I try to get away from focusing on it I just keep thinking about it. Sometimes it drives me more to keep going and pushes me that much more bc I know I have a long ways to go. So somedays a blessing some days a curse.
  • btodd304
    Options
    I'm ecstatic about every 1/10th of a pound lost!

But I know what you mean about the long journey still ahead. To get to where I want to be I've got another 3 to 6 months minimum. And I've already been at this since April of 2015- not myfitnesspal, but trying to get healthy & lose weight. So thats a year and 8 months? And I have probably another 1/2 year to go? It can get exhausting.

Try to focus on small achievements, including non-scale victories. Try comparing photos of yourself now with photos at your heaviest- you might not be at your goal yet but I bet the progress you've made is pretty apparent in photos.

Be proud of yourself!

Yes it takes forever, but at the same time I've knocked 5years of weight off in 8months so I feel pretty good about that. Originally I thought I'd get it all done on about 10months but I didn't figure in life and how it can affect my journey. I'm guessing I have about 6 to 8 more months to go. I'm just trying to get through the holidays then really get back full swing. Once in awhile I'll take a picture I have a couple full body but to see my fave before and after are pretty crazy too. I know it's working. Some days I feel my problem is bc I feel so great now that I could probably get pretty complacent if I'm not careful. I know if I keep going I'll feel even better.
  • btodd304
    Options
    I'm down ~50 with another 60 to go before I get to a "re-evaluate" weight. I go back and forth on being thrilled and kinda down. It's funny, but wearing smaller clothes is kinda a downer in a way. The pants I have on are tight because they are a 46W instead of a 52W, but they still feel tight and I still think I have a big gut (I do, just smaller than it was). My wife is happy for me and stuff, but I'm not doing this for her, just for myself.

So, in short, you're not the only one and I really have no decent advice on it.

I agree I feel the same way about clothes. I'm too big for my current jeans but the next size smaller is a bit tight for my liking. Way to go on the weight loss that's awesome. Glad I'm not the only one and yes deff have to do it for ourselves took me several years to see and realize it.
  • btodd304
    Options
    ds41980 wrote: »
    I feel the same way as you. I started in July of this year 2016 and so far have lost 26 pounds; I have about 118 pounds to go and I was just thinking today how when I look at myself it looks like nothing has changed...but I made a commitment to myself so I keep going. Time is going to pass anyway, I can spend it making change or I can spend it getting bigger, but yeah I understand how you feel.

True Story. Way to go on your weight loss. It deff takes quite some time. You can do it, I feel more numb and feel like I don't necessarily go through all the emotions of it all bc if I think about it too much it could get me in trouble. I think back and I was probably gaining about 10lbs a year so I had I not ever started I would have gained another 10lbs by now if not more. So there is always a bright side I just wish I could feel more excited about it.
  • btodd304
    Options
    U2Bad1 wrote: »
    It is a long journey, no doubt. I think other people are just jealous :)

With some friends and family often times I have wondered if that's what the issue is. I think people feel judged when I don't eat the same way they do and I totally am not judging, I've been there so I could never judge. It's just a hard to thing to explain, I just thought more people would be happy for me and more supportive. I have family members who won't say anything to my fave but later would message me saying nice things which is great but why never to my face.