247 to 189 and still more to go while living in South Korea (Pics)

Options
Last year, between January and August, I lost 58 lbs. I then moved to south Korea to become an English teacher. I kind of have been mindful as I have been bouncing around 184-189 lbs or 83-85 kg. I want to get backon track and lose another 30-50 lbs 14-22 kg (depends on how I feel about my body). I want to make some friends again to motivate me since I was dormant for my first few months living here. My plan has to change living here because many things I did in the US either are freaking expensive here, unavailable or not possible.
I am hoping to finish weight loss in August when I go home for a week for my sister's wedding. Also I would love to be able to buy clothes a little easier in Korea (I am currently the biggest size in their normal range and some stores don't even carry it).

Here are some pictures of my weight loss Journey and also living here!

8cymud4ybebs.jpg

65r3ogrwwp5l.jpg

s4p4qu2prf9o.jpg

erggx3io0u2m.jpg

So who wants to share the second half of my weight loss adventure and also being a foreigner in Korea?

Replies

• pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great loss so far!!

I'm sure you'll figure things out. They may not have the same exercise facilities, so take up running, calisthenics, kettlebell, resistance bands, or just go for longer walks.

I'm 44lbs down just eating less and moving more - no gym membership or fancy machines yet. I'd recommend c25k if you want to start running.

Have fun too. Friends of my parents were teachers who traveled. You will have a ton of stories!!!
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I too lived in SK and was able to keep my weight down just because I could walk everywhere. We went out to eat a lot: Italian, Mexican, Vietnamese, lots of kimbap. Lots of rice cakes and birthday parties and presents (donuts) from the parents. I didn't lose as much as I could have, and I had trouble finding clothes at 5'6 and 145 lbs because clothes are just made for a differently constructed consumer. But it really helps to be in an environment where everyone seems to keep their weight down.

I do still miss some dolsat bibimbop or Korean bbp though.