Thinking of getting a Fitbit charge 2

Options
So I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit! I already have a jawbone up3 but it's pretty basic it does heart rate etc so not sure if I should splash the cash and get myself a Fitbit as they seem much better than the jawbone! Who has one and is it worth me spending money I mostly work out at the gym doing cardio machines some classes and weights x

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ... work out at the gym doing cardio machines some classes and weights x

In that case it's unlikely to give you meaningful information.
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That isn't true , you can switch modes so it calculates your burns doing weights or the treadmill or interval workouts and after a month you will have a lot of information from it. but I don't think the up3 looks bad, not enough to switch anyway but maybe it does not recognise as much activity as fitbit?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ..,.you can switch modes so it calculates your burns doing weights or the treadmill or interval workouts...

Just because it has different modes, doesn't mean that the information is more meaningful. Essentially for activities where HR isn't a reliable proxy for calorie expenditure it applies an error factor to try to reduce the level of inaccuracy in the estimation.

So it takes a poor estimation, and reduces it a bit...
  • NocaLove
    NocaLove Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What is the best, cost friendly activity+hr tracker out there? There are many options. I would prefer one that will only have to be charged once or twice a week.
    I do light cardio.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    The charge 2 is good for long term, very general tracking of your activity/HR/sleep. If you need something to give very accurate specifics on all your work outs, you may have to research higher end models. Maybe even going with a chest strap.

I do like my charge 2 for the above mentioned basic functions, and the text/call notifications are nice, good battery life and easy set up. But I'm not looking for extremely accurate, charted data during specific work outs either.