Gym Closed - What now?

Options
Hey guys I started bulking and weightlifting a month or so ago and it's been going great with going to my school's gym and lifting three times a week. I just found out that over the break (two weeks) the gym will be closed. I don't have access to another gym and can only do a very low weight version of my routine in my house if I had to.

Do I continue to eat my elevated protein/ calorie diet during the break or if I'm not going to work out as often or as hard then should I tone it down? or maintain the diet without the same workout?

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Eat the same. Then when you go back, attempt to set new PR's. Put all that increased calorie intake and rest to work!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    How much over maintenance are you eating?
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oops, didn't read everything, removing my answer. Good luck
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Deload and do some body weight work for the next couple of weeks.
  • Pot8540
    Pot8540 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How much over maintenance are you eating?

That's a very good question. I was naturally "maintaining" my tinyness at about 1300cal a day and probably 40ish protein but when I started lifting I was medically eating myself at that rate so now I eat about 1900cal and close to 100 protein. I know it doesn't sound a lot in totals but I'm a very small built lady and I was never trying to be ripped or anything lol.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    do the lighter weight version, only do your sets to exhaustion.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Do what you can. If this happens a lot, you might look for other equipment to keep at home. Used stuff can be very cheap.
  • Pot8540
    Pot8540 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do what you can. If this happens a lot, you might look for other equipment to keep at home. Used stuff can be very cheap.

I would but my apartment is so small I store my seasonal clothes in the ceiling lol.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Do what you can;

- bodyweight exercises
    - Go to another gym

Personally I would move back to maintenance as a calorie surplus and not lifting will mean you will probably gain some fat.