30+ pounds of sad

Options
My freshman year of college (2012), I weighed my personal best: 132 lbs.
For the last year or so, I've refused to weigh myself because I was certain I was in the 170's. The last time I went to the doctor's office, I even closed my eyes and plugged my ears so the nurse wouldn't tell me my weight. I simply did not want to know.
I'm now hosting an office weight and body fat competition at work and the scale we will be using just arrived. I stepped on it and it showed 169.8. This is wildly discouraging, especially because I've been working really hard on my health for the last few months -- though I recently kicked it up a notch. How on Earth did I let myself get this bad??? How the heck do I get my 132 lb body back!? :(

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    By diet, exercise, and consistency. There's really no magic trick to it...
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    At midnight, go into the forest. In the forest you will see a circle of leaves. You'll know the one. In that circle there will be a pile of square stones. Remove the top one, take the one from below it, and replace the top one. Holding that second-to-top stone, do an ancient rain dance. Replace the stone and leave. Go back the next day and sacrifice two snow-white goats.

Once that is done, leave, go home, count your calories, weigh your food, and make sure you're sticking to your deficit. Only eat back half your exercise calories, if you eat them back at all. Exercising isn't necessary, but it helps. Don't aim to lose more than 2lbs a week, and if you hit a limit of 1200/day that's a good sign you need to slow down your weight loss.

Good luck!

That was awesome hahaha :) Thank you. I'm just being impatient. I started going to the gym a few months ago. I just recently started going more intensely and regularly. I also just started counting calories again... We'll see how i improve.