What are your most filling but low calorie recipes? (<500cal)

Options
124»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    drall912 wrote: »
    I know it doesn't sound like much but shred cabbage thinly cook in fry pan on the stove with a pat or 2 of butter salt and pepper For some reason the sauteing changes the flavor of the cabbage and it makes it almost sweet - low calorie try before you say no

No saying no to that one for me. I love cabbage. The way I like it even better (and although higher in calories it's way more satisfying to me) is to braise it with butter and white potatoes. Maybe even some sausage in the mix? Or a slice of bacon if you like bacon (I don't). If not for the hassle of shredding cabbage that would be a near daily staple for me.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ugh I want to help but I'm so lazy. All my meals are mostly under 500 calories. I'm a volume eater though....so low fat and just a crap ton of food.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    for breakfast I have 1/2 oatmeal with 1 scoop protein powder and 2 scoops vital collagen peptides, mixed with 3/4 c of soymilk. i eat it at 10am and it keeps me full for so long
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    drall912 wrote: »
    I know it doesn't sound like much but shred cabbage thinly cook in fry pan on the stove with a pat or 2 of butter salt and pepper For some reason the sauteing changes the flavor of the cabbage and it makes it almost sweet - low calorie try before you say no

No saying no to that one for me. I love cabbage. The way I like it even better (and although higher in calories it's way more satisfying to me) is to braise it with butter and white potatoes. Maybe even some sausage in the mix? Or a slice of bacon if you like bacon (I don't). If not for the hassle of shredding cabbage that would be a near daily staple for me.

Saute the cabbage until soft, add in cooked turkey sausage and add some tomato paste with water or stock. There you have a bastardized version of what call "bigos" or Polish hunter stew.

I love cabbage and this sounds so good! Is usually just sauté with some onion and add a little vinegar at the end. I'll eat a huge pan all by myself.
  • alekkssa
    alekkssa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash noodles as a replacement for pasta!! For an ultra low calorie option I put a couple of bacon medallions, onion, garlic, any other veg you like, passata, soy sauce, paprika, cumin and make it into a tomatoey sauce, then add the squoodles! Huge huge bowl is about 250 calories
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I've been craving this taste:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/36169603237932292/

I substitute the pumpkin with butternut squash.