30+ mom looking for support and motivation

Options
I'm 36 and have 2 kids. 5yrs and 18months. Still haven't lost th baby weight since I had my first. Need to loose 40lbs. I always used to be in great shape but now it's hard to keep on going. With a full time job and 2 kids it's time that I made time for myself and a workout. For now I'm just trying to make healthy decisions.

Replies

• Evas_back
    Evas_back Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's hard isn't it. I'm a solo mum and working full time whilst I have 3 children. Very tiring
  • amara_84
    amara_84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 1 kid and a full time job. My husband and I both are doing the weight loss journey so we had to carve out time for exercise. I get up early and workout before work and most of the time before our kid gets up, he does evenings while I cook dinner. The first few weeks sucked but now if I don't workout I get grumpy. It really helps that we put a makeshift gym in our basement.
  • hugommrabson
    hugommrabson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me was the initial weight gain (muscle mass). It took a month for my body to adjust to my healthy diet and exercise regime.
    The key (for me) was to take it a day at a time. There's a great speech by Al Pacino's character in the movie "Any Given Sunday" about how Life is all about fighting for an inch here or there. It may sound schmaltzy, but I find such speeches to be quite moving.