Post-partum Re-start

Hi everybody,

My name is Elizabeth and I just recently gave birth to a baby boy (Dec. 10) and I am trying to motivate myself back into fitness and healthy eating. Do any of you have any tips on how I can start?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2016
    Congrats on your baby boy :smile: Its too soon for you to be thinking about fitness yet, your body needs several more weeks to recover from the birthing process. The healthy eating thing you could start with.
    Do you cook your own meals? thats a good place to start imo
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Congrats!
    Yea definitely let yourself heal and wait for the go ahead from your doctor before starting any fitness. If you are breastfeeding you will have to account for those calories in your intake (about 300-500cals extra). You can try to prepare snacks and keep healthy things accessible... to be honest for the first two months I ate whatever I could get my hands on.. it was a huge blur between the sleep deprivation and healing and marathon nursing sessions and colic! Haha.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You just gave birth a week ago. Take the time to heal and enjoy your son, then once your doctor clears you slowly work your way into losing weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You just gave birth. Your number one priority is taking care of your child and yourself. Many people struggle with healthy eating, because of a vague idea of something strict they need to be highly motivated for. I would suggest finding out what healthy eating means (to you). Fitness for the average person is, likewise, not about strenous activity, it can be moving every day, walking, swimming, cycling, dancing and playing with your kids.