Pictures of After, But None of Before

Options
I had this idea that I was going to put up a picture of myself at my heaviest and put it up somewhere prominent like the refrigerator so that it would be my motivator each day. Later, I could put up new pictures that would show my progress. I thought it would be a good idea until I realized one important thing.

There are no pictures of me other than my face at my heaviest weight.

I have actively avoided cameras for years now because I hated the way that I looked. At family reunions, I would always manage to be in the bathroom, behind something or someone that hid my whole body, or (my best trick) I'd be the one taking the pictures. I would always have some reason that no one was to take a picture of me, although I was rarely honest and admitted that I didn't want to look at myself and how fat I had become. Of course, just because there are no pictures doesn't mean the reality wasn't the same. I have to wonder though if anyone else avoided the camera as much as I have.

I've decided to just take a picture of myself now. I still have quite a ways to go in my weight loss/healthy new life journey. Honestly, I can't see the weight loss when I look in the mirror. I know my clothes fit looser and everyone else says they can tell, but I can't at this point. I figure it's because I'm looking at myself each day and the loss has been slow. Still, taking a full picture of myself is something I haven't done in a long time.

I can't wait for the day when I can post both pictures and place them side by side so that I and everyone else can see the difference.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have no 'before' either, just one of me at my highest sitting and you can only see my face and the top of my arms... but frankly it's a family picture in a frame so it's enough LOL.