Night shifter

Options
Any and all advice for a person who is a sleep when the general population is awake and awake when they are asleep . Like between 8pm and 10 am is my functioning time.

Replies

• BabyKiwi07
    BabyKiwi07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to be like this sometimes even go days with out sleeping an when I saw my dr they told be about a pill called gaba it a natural herb an your body already makes it. That's why you get tired, so taking the pill you just add more to make you sleep
  • starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a night nurse and I've lost 15lbs in 2 months. Preparation and forward planning is the key. I used to eat my way through a shift, all the sweets, chocolates and so much toast you wouldn't believe. Now I take a soup made from fresh vegetables, porridge and lots of fruit. I also drink bucket loads of water and black coffee.
  • JBuchananon
    JBuchananon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am in the boat as you bro, I work three 12's 7pm-7am. I come home smash food then sleep until its time to go back to work. On my days off I catch up on sleep and try not to move much. I am trying to work on this though as I have gained a lot of weight over the time of being on this time of work schedule.
  • thetoughequus
    thetoughequus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was in night shift for two years, first 10-6 and then 7-7, as well as a part time job and plenty of overtime, so my shifts were always a disaster. I just continued to log midnight to midnight for a day and ignored whatever meal slots are on the diary. for example I would stick my 1am break into breakfast, and have a snack at 4am, and typically a snack before bed at 7am, etc. eat smaller meals throughout your night to keep your energy going without reaching for big meals or junk food as soon as you get home, when you're tired from a night shift you automatically go for something trying to keep yourself awake