Protein shakes

Options
catbeck20123
catbeck20123 Posts: 97 Member
Anyone have any recipes for protein shakes without protein powder?? If you do please post them here!! ;)

Replies

• AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Add greek yogurt to any smoothie. 1 cup Fage yogurt for 130 calories has 23 grams of protein in it. You could also use 1/2 cup of tofu for 94 calories with 10 grams of protein. I think there's some tofu brands at trader joes that have double the protein. You could add eggs if you're into raw eggs. You could use nuts or seeds but it would kill your calories if you're trying to lose weight.

This vegan recipe doesn't have protein but you could add anything mentioned above into this recipe.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/vegan-green-smoothie-ultra-potassium-rich/
    yc0dvf9cbsvn.jpg
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Add liquid egg whites to smoothies or shakes. No flavour, no change in consistency and pure protein.
  • greeneyes143
    greeneyes143 Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I use 1 scoop chocolate slim quick protien powder 1 scoop chocolate organic protien powder and 8 Oz cold coconut water.
    Sorry just read no protien powder. It won't let me delete this!!
  • lexiabrucelb
    lexiabrucelb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually use milk, banana and peanut butter (oats optional) with my smoothies
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Anyone have any recipes for protein shakes without protein powder?? If you do please post them here!! ;)

Are you vegan and are you trying to lose weight?

•1.5 cups Unsweetened Soy-milk or almond milk
    •2 tbsp of peanut butter
    •1 frozen banana
    •3 tbsp of raw shelled hemp seeds

You can add some more fruit or yogurt for additional flavor and protein.

This isn't light in calories if you use unsweetened soy-milk, about 550 calories but has over 30 grams of protein.

Almond milk will have less calories and less protein.

Frank
  • berumen151
    berumen151 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1scoop of gold standard whey protein
    1cup of unsweetened silk almond milk
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1 cup water
    1tbs Chia seed
    1 tbs flaxseed
    1cup of baby spinach
    Sprinkled cinnamon