What do you like about maintenance?

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is okay. I'm a lazy butt so I still don't get to eat much.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I like that I'm in better health now and have consistent good blood test results. I actually get excited when I go in to get it drawn, versus before when I dreaded it!
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like that the hardest part is done...the consistently asking "Will I really get to goal?". Almost 80 pounds down, the smaller question is, "What are my calories going to be to stay in this range?"

A tenet I borrowed from WW is that Goal is a Target Range of +/- 5 pounds on a Target number. If I'm not exactly at target number but in range, I'm good.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    +1 on extra food. That's always a good thing.
    I like not having weight be a factor in things such as health problems, finding clothes that fit and look nice on me, etc.
    I like the confidence boost. I know that because I have tried and succeeded in losing weight before, worst case scenario that I gain a few pounds for some reason, I can most definitely keep my weight from spiraling out of control.
    I like maintaining this status as someone who didn't just lose weight, but also succeeded in keeping it off.
    Doing yoga is more fun and easier now that a pudgy belly is out of the way.
    Higher energy levels since the deficit is gone
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love that I don't have to log my food anymore.