Is anyone maintaining their weight now?

Options
2»

Replies

• silverburk
    silverburk Posts: 61
    Options
    I've been maintaining by following portion control. I haven't been able to log, but I thought I was eating fewer calories but I don't seem to be losing. :(
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I ve been maintinang for over a year now and I pretty much do the same as you do. I stay very active also so that takes care of my weekend eating.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Been the same weight now for about 7 months.
    I eat anything from 2000-3000 calories a day.
    Usually in the mid range of that.
    But I am very active, and push myself very hard in that. Also, being 5'10 probably helps.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I only had about 20 pounds I wanted to lose and have been maintaining now for about a month. I never see myself not logging every day going forward.

I like eating cleaner than I was so I have not "added back in" any particularly junky foods. I still avoid fried food, most fast food, and foods that are ultra high calories (think donuts, chips, etc.) and pay attention to my macros.

I also still want to focus on increasing cardio exercise due to my age.

Best of luck to you maintaining, MFP makes it so much easier to avoid backsliding.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I've been "maintaining" for about 18 months. I say that in quotes because I am going through bulk/cut cycles looking to end up at my goal weight but with more muscle, less fat, and more strength! My first 12 months were strictly just maintenance.

As far as eating, I do not eat clean, but I pay attention to my macros (especially protein). I do enjoy a small treat pretty much daily. I am pretty active and average maintenance for me is 2600-2700 calories/day. I am currently in a bulk cycle so I eat 100-200 over/day. I also use the weekly average and my calories vary day to day. My diary is wide open to others.