I'll never understand.......

Options

Replies

• SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    There's a dreadmill at my gym that I like the most. If it's available, I get on it. if someone's on the one next to it, so be it. I'm not sure what the issue is.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Why people insist on getting on the machine right next to you when there are literally 30 other treadmills/ellipticals open. Why???? So annoying!!!! :sad:

lol

People are pack animals and feel safer that way. Be more concerned if you are on a late night train home, and somebody sits right next to you but you are the only two in the carriage :laugh:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last night and the dude was wearing SO much cologne. I felt nauseous every time I inhaled. This guy smelled like a Hollister store just barfed on him. But I was on a roll and only had 1 mile to go so I just suffered through it.
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Why people insist on getting on the machine right next to you when there are literally 30 other treadmills/ellipticals open. Why???? So annoying!!!! :sad:

lol

People are pack animals and feel safer that way. Be more concerned if you are on a late night train home, and somebody sits right next to you but you are the only two in the carriage :laugh:

This is very true! Creepy!
  • WildHeartLaura
    Options
    The treadmill thing kind of bugs me too, but it's not so bad if they're quiet and not too smelly... And like someone else said, maybe it's their favorite machine. But how about a completely empty movie theater, show is starting (so obviously it's not going to fill up) and someone plops down directly in front of you. Really??? Inevitably they will be chatty teenagers, or really tall, or have crying kid or...

This drives me bonkers! And I really am a people person!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My chemistry teacher explained electron placement by a train analogy - everyone goes to sit in their own compartment, until they all have a person in them, then they double up. But, apparently that's only true for some cultures - others like to be social.

I've personally upset people by getting up and leaving (with a scowl on my face) when they approached the park bench where I was playing with my dog. Why do they think I want company, or that my dog would play nicely with their children? (he might, but he might just as well bite their heads off.)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Why is it so annoying?

Every machine at the gym is available to all members of that gym equally. If you want personal space exercise at home.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    This happened to me last night and the dude was wearing SO much cologne. I felt nauseous every time I inhaled. This guy smelled like a Hollister store just barfed on him. But I was on a roll and only had 1 mile to go so I just suffered through it.

I don't know why you would wear cologne to the gym, it's so cloying! When someone gets next to me with really heavy cologne/perfume I almost gag! It's just too much!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Why is it so annoying?

Every machine at the gym is available to all members of that gym equally. If you want personal space exercise at home.

Because I like personal space. But, when I win the lotto I plan to build a huge gym in my house so this won't be an issue. :wink:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    My chemistry teacher explained electron placement by a train analogy - everyone goes to sit in their own compartment, until they all have a person in them, then they double up. But, apparently that's only true for some cultures - others like to be social.

I've personally upset people by getting up and leaving (with a scowl on my face) when they approached the park bench where I was playing with my dog. Why do they think I want company, or that my dog would play nicely with their children? (he might, but he might just as well bite their heads off.)

And of course you would be to blame if their dog bit them! Makes no sense.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    because you are hot
    and they want you.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    The treadmill thing kind of bugs me too, but it's not so bad if they're quiet and not too smelly... And like someone else said, maybe it's their favorite machine. But how about a completely empty movie theater, show is starting (so obviously it's not going to fill up) and someone plops down directly in front of you. Really??? Inevitably they will be chatty teenagers, or really tall, or have crying kid or...

This drives me bonkers! And I really am a people person!

Oh gosh I can't imagine how I would feel in a dark empty theater & someone comes & sits right by me. In that situation, feelings or no feelings I would have to move.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I personally see nothing wrong with others being beside you. There are different versions of the same machines. Some are cheaper, some cost more and are in ones mind, better. I don't care if there are fifty of the same machine, and only two are of a better quality. I will get on the one that I'm comfortable with, even if there is someone on the one right next to it and a row of empty elliptical's in front. [Shrug]

The only time this may be an issue, is if the person smells as though they haven't showered in two - three days.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    because you are hot
    and they want you.

LOL thanks, but I don't think so. It's usually ladies that do this anyway & they aren't looking at me lol!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    My daughter and baby grandson having lunch yesterday with her two friends. Apart from them, the restaurant is empty - plenty of space. Man comes in and parks himself at the next door table, almost blocking the pushchair :noway:

That's just so rude!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    That's almost as irrating as being a man in the bathroom and there are a line of urinals on the wall and a guy comes up to the one right beside you. Like wtf man!?!?!

Urinal rules are rules 4 lyfe. :glasses:

I don't understand the need to go be next to some stranger if I didn't have to be, but I'm not a people person.

I'm right there with you. I prefer animals honestly.
  • LaurieLoz
    LaurieLoz Posts: 9
    Options
    Hahahaa lord knows.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    That's almost as irrating as being a man in the bathroom and there are a line of urinals on the wall and a guy comes up to the one right beside you. Like wtf man!?!?!

Oh, so it is wrong to check out the comp now...

I almost fell off my chair lol! :laugh:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    A phenomenon that applies to shower stalls at the gym, parking spots and, as another poster pointed out, urinals. The law of attraction I guess lol
  • nyla2120
    Options
    guess they want to race!

Or flirt.

LOL good luck with that! I never talk to people at the gym. I'm there to workout, not make friends. When I see someone trying to make eye contact & initiate conversation, I look right through them & keep it moving.

Cold hearted.......I would prob be a victim b/c you are.....well I don't need to tell you. You know how you look.

Coldhearted is my middle name :wink: