Christmas!

Options
2»

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and will probably go over my calories a bit due to grazing on snack type things during the get together we have that day (which will be most of the day), but I'm not too worried about it and will get back to normal routine the day after.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance but I know if I don't want to be having to lose again I need to pick and choose what's worth splurging on. Have a couple of meals this week that will definitely be worth it (latkes and salmon for one/the other being a dessert buffet hosted by a local bakery). I can turn down most Christmas treats or work them into my calories.

But I have 10 days off and since we aren't traveling I really need to make a plan to stay on track instead of taking over the couch and binge watching series I've been saving.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I also switched to maintenance about 10 days ago, and it's made December so much easier! I've even lost just a little bit of weight in the last few days. I guess it's been a good practice for what maintenance will be like to some extent, since I'm about 15 lbs from my goal.

Anyway, we'll be traveling for Christmas and gone for about 11 days, so I'm just going to do the best I can. Maintenance for most days, no limit on Christmas Eve and Christmas, and we'll be on the road for New Year's eve. I am thinking about taking my body weight scale with me, and maybe food scale, too, for some things.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I plan my day around Christmas dinner and dessert. I'll log that first (probably the night before), then figure out the rest of the day accordingly. Macros may be wildly off from the usual, but overall calories should be reasonably close.
  • Snowdusk
    Snowdusk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Small amounts of everything I like, larger amounts of things I love :)
  • missmagnoliablossom
    Options
    I'm going to plan my day in advance and workout both days so that I can enjoy myself. For me personally, I need the consistency of sticking to my plan.
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I'm not going to worry much about calories but every other day I will be sticking to my calorie goals.
  • katwills994
    katwills994 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I decided I would eat whatever I wanted during December but it backfired. Last night was a lot of candy, nacho chips and fast food which caused me to wake up with a "crappy food" hangover and I felt pretty sick and sluggish on my run this morning so I will be going back to eating healthy. It will be either 1 sweet treat or 1 salty treat each day. Not cookies, chocolate and candies everyday lol.

Good luck everyone
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm strict on plan till Thursday and thru a two day drive. Starting Friday night and for a week, I'm going to take it easy but not go overboard. Try and maintain like I'm a human without obesity tendencies. Fun!
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I imagine I will be over from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day and New Year's Eve/Day. All other days until then I'm hoping for a deficit or maintenance at the very worst.