Calisthenics workout

Options
I've started doing calisthenics this week and I really like it. But I've been doing the same routine...butt kicks, high knees, cross countries, jumping jacks, jump rope. What are different exercises I can do 4 or 5 times a week? And will this give me any definition?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest the YAYOG app. You are your own gym. Ton's of exercises and programs to follow.
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Happy holidays!
  • Ayalaandrew8899
    Ayalaandrew8899 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also doing calisthenics with weight training involved, if you ha e ten dollars to spare a month I recommend to check out thenx.com. it's calisthenics but if you want to add external weight it also has workouts for that too. It's really great and really challenging. It has beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts to fit your range. Also shows you videos on every movement along with step by step tutorials on any specific movement. Best of luck!
  • Andrea2316
    Andrea2316 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I just started the Bodywieght Mastery Program by Kinobody. Highly recommended! while its targeted at men there is no reason a woman cant do it, my workout today (absolute beginner level) was pushups, bodyweight rows, step ups, bench dips, planks and hip bridges. the program has 8 levels +beginner for if you are like me and cant do a chin up. while it starts simple by the time you reach level 8 (aprox 8-9 months) you are doing feet elevated one arm pushups, handstand pushups, one arm chin ups, muscle ups, front lever pulls, jumping squats, pistol squats with a jump, L sits, and such. I am so excited!

for giving you definition go for weights, (bodyweight or external weights) over cardio.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I'd suggest the YAYOG app. You are your own gym. Ton's of exercises and programs to follow.

Another vote for You are your own Gym. Short money and loads of exercises, plus videos for each exercise showing proper form, guided workouts that can be edited - love it.

edit: Link for YAYOG pdf added.
    https://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/03/01/you-are-your-own-gym/
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Never Gymless inexpensive and very good e-book.
    Who he is video.
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone!! Happy holidays!
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    dlm7507 wrote: »
    Never Gymless inexpensive and very good e-book.
    Who he is video.

I bought never gymless years ago (its how I got back into skipping) I never looked back.