quest

Options
Hi. I am well over 50.............69 to be exact. I hear that is the new 40s lol. Anyway I could use food motivation and support. Dare I say exercise too? A hard word to mouth or do for that matter. Guess I am just asking the universe to motivate me for that too., to even want to exercise.
Havent weighed myself lately. Waiting for Wed when I go to doctors. Dont thinki have lost. had one crappy eating day only. greatful for that. I am thinking though I have to stop eating quest bars. Anyone eating them???????????? do they slow you down for weight loss? I do not know how to network on site. I tried herbavore group with no luch. advise? How do you use community on site?

Replies

• 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there, if your 'quest' is to lose the weight then use your experience at life to put a plan into action.

As I am a similar age to you I know you know the drill... no one can tell you what to do... even your doctor can say what you need to hear until he/she is blue in the face, but unless you are ready to make the difference and do this thing instead of wishing the weight away - it isn't going to happen.

It is harder when you are older as we do not need as many calories as younger women. Its harder to be motivated because we are carrying issues like arthritis and osteoporosis ect but that is all the more reason to lose the weight to make life easier. We are so lucky to be able to invest in ourselves to be in a position to make our lives better by making the effort.

I am not perfect I have tried and failed numerous times - I have thrown in the towel and said I don't care when I am battling to lose a few measly ozs when others are losing pounds and packed the weight back on so fast by going back and eating bars/cakes and cookies with coffee like normal 'skinny' people I was deluding myself. I have had the lifestyle now its more about having a better life for the remainder of my years - nothing should be able to motivate me more and if you are really honest with yourself thats why you are here, but you want someone to tell you it's easy to achieve... well it's not!! You have to work for it.

So thats the hard word you asked for - weight loss and results are totally up to you.

If you want to get involved in the community here, go to the Challenges board and sign up for one of the many that are on offer and make postings and read, read, read..... all the success stories and the weight loss tips and create your own plan and stick to it. Its no different to posting on other boards as you posted here and I see you have 30 entries so you are already navigating you way around OK... you just need to start being serious about making it work for you.

Good luck :) and I hope I wasn't too tough - but I am being direct because we have no time to waste to get this weight done and dusted.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I used to love them. I found the sweeteners fueled my sweet tooth and the stevia has unwanted hormonal effects. They didnt hinder my weight loss though.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Too many quest bars, in addition to the rest of what you eat, can put you over your calorie goal & result in a setback..they are convenient, easy to eat, and many are quite tasty!