6 months just flew by

Options
kajaknowers
kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
Hey,

Hadn't posted in a while so I thought I would say how things were going. Today I weighed myself after being on a bit of a plateau and to my surprise the scales finally budged. Not only had I now lost just short of 56 lbs but I entered the 170's and it felt great. It spurred me on to go for a walk early in the morning and I finally feel I am no longer a slave to the scale and although I still count calories I am not as regimentated about it as I was before as I've just accepted what I am allowed to eat and how much. Better yet, yesterday was my sisters birthday and in the morning we had a full english breakfast where I picked a chose baked beans, bacon with no fat and grilled, poached egg and toast (300 cals) and for lunch we had potatoes and steak a banoffee pie and I could eat it all just no very much but I didn't feel neglected. I also find it very comfortable not to drink alcohol on a night out as I feel more confident in my own body and all those empty calories make me want to vomit if I think about it. Anyway, like I said in previous posts, I have been doing this for now over half a year which has breezed past and in 20 lbs time I will be in the normal weight category and although I still want to lose another 35lbs, I have 6 months to do it in before I go travelling the world and will practically live in a bikini.

I promise to put up progress photos in 20 lbs time for a true before and after moment as I will then feel ultimately satisified about how far I have come because I am sure we all feel the same that we can always do that bit more and we are our hardest critics.

Nuff Love

Kaja

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Way to go! I too started this journey six months ago. I am down 40 lbs and am at 185 now. The time was going to be where it is today whether we chose to do something about it then or not so I am glad six months down the road we have good things to share and not that we are the same or more. That is a big accomplishment! Keep up the good work and you will be rocking that bikini!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I have all the faith in the world that you will hit your goal by August 1! I took a look at your before and 'during' pictures and you are ROCKIN' IT! Nice job...what a difference! Same beautiful girl, just less of her! Keep it up, you are doing a FANTASTIC job!:happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!! :happy: I know what it's like... whoo boy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!