i need help staying motivated

Options
Hey guys i am back on here again trying to lose weight. The hard part for me is staying motivated it is very hard to stay motivated when i have so much weight to lose. Can anybody give me some tips or help me with motivation?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Set yourself smaller goals, and give yourself credit for hitting each and every one of them (I mean every 1-2lbs, because each lb is one lb closer to goal). Make small changes that are manageable and not overwhelming. Things you can stick with. If you have a bad day, log it and make a few notes on what might have contributed to that, learn from it, and then move on. Stay consistent and persistent. It's not always going to go your way, but if you keep at it, you are still winning the game.
  • velricky92
    velricky92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As much as I get tired of boxing some days, you just have to get up off your behind and do it. Put it in your mind YES I CAN! You can do it, heres why.....About a year ago i weigh closed to 220...if not more. Now i weigh 167, but thats because i get the munchies at night..LOL and i do fasting....YOU CAN DO IT !
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First, I want to say that you can forget about trying. Weight management is about creating and sustaining a calorie deficit, it's pure maths, and it's even a single player game - you are the one who decides what to eat and not eat, when, and how much. As long as you consistently eat less than you burn, you lose weight. It's that simple. The hard part is actually doing it. Because, let's face it, if we are overweight, we are in a habit of eating too much. Changing habits is challenging. But if you change your habits from a set that you sort of like, but also dislike, to something you like better, and can live with, you'll win. Exactly which habits you should change, is up to you to find out.
  • JadeMalynn
    JadeMalynn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Diamond, I struggle with motivation too. I beat myself up if I eat something bad and then figure 'well I've blown it might as well eat everything now'.
    Do you wanna share what steps you are taking towards your goals? Maybe I can help out?