Opinions on this situation ?

Options
So I am kinda unsurw what to do about this :
My goal is to never go above 51 kg
I weighed 50.3 last week but had several christmas parties and this morning I ended up 50.8
I have a dinner party next Saturday which includes a 4 course meal and another dinner party the week after
Should I wait until after holidays are over to go back to losing weight?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    How tall are you?

It's Christmas enjoy, wait until after the holidays.

You do realise that weight fluctuates on a daily basis for various reasons? And even more so, with increased food volume (read party food), alcohol, increased sodium intake.
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

You do realise that weight fluctuates on a daily basis for various reasons? And even more so, with increased food volume (read party food), alcohol, increased sodium intake.

5'1
    Of course I realize that but I doubt that its fluctuation after the last 3 days
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    eat less than what you would normally eat during the week, so you can enjoy the extra food on saturday.
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    eat less than what you would normally eat during the week, so you can enjoy the extra food on saturday.

Good idea !
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I would be very strict with my eating all this week, even keep a deficit if you can by 100 cals a day (maybe you are already at a deficit and that won't work), but just be very strict with your eating. Then enjoy your dinner on Saturday.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Why the obsession with 51 kg? You aren't overweight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    active562 wrote: »
    So I am kinda unsurw what to do about this :
    My goal is to never go above 51 kg
    I weighed 50.3 last week but had several christmas parties and this morning I ended up 50.8
    I have a dinner party next Saturday which includes a 4 course meal and another dinner party the week after
    Should I wait until after holidays are over to go back to losing weight?

If your goal is to never go above 51 kg, what is your lower limit goal?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    active562 wrote: »
    How tall are you?

5'1
    Of course I realize that but I doubt that its fluctuation after the last 3 days

Why not? If you ate more than usual, especially carbs and salty food, you will carry extra water weight for several days.

My weight fluctuates by as much as 6lb/3kg from one day to the next. It's just the way it goes.
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You've probably already *been* 51kg. Your weight is always fluctuating. Enjoy the holidays. They come once a year, and aren't going to stop you from losing in the long run.

Edit: Hopefully not losing. I just did the conversion to pounds. You're tiny. Please don't lose much more or you'll dissappear. Maintaining means staying within a set range long term, not staying on the exact pound.