Has anyone tried Phentermine?

Options
2»

Replies

• antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm chugging along nicely just watching calories at this point. I've tried quite a few "fat burners" in my time, none of them did a thing for me, and i refuse to spend another cent on them.

I switched over to the lowest dose of phentermine which didn't make a difference. They come in capsules here so didnt want to mess around with halves, are they in tablet form in the US?

Yeah tiny little oval tablets over here, 37.5 mg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Coffee, coffee, coffee!! You don't need that junk!

Yes indeedy. I only started drinking coffee this year, I've been a tea-a-holic my whole life, and a cup of coffee or two definitely gives me a nice pick me up and helps me get over the afternoon munchies.

I know! It's cheap and delicious:)

I really wish that coffee didn't leave me nauseated. I can't even handle coffee flavored foods. :disappointed:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Yes indeedy. I only started drinking coffee this year, I've been a tea-a-holic my whole life, and a cup of coffee or two definitely gives me a nice pick me up and helps me get over the afternoon munchies.

I really wish that coffee didn't leave me nauseated. I can't even handle coffee flavored foods. :disappointed:

Huge bummer!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I definitely get the light/spinny headed nauseous feeling if i make them too strong and have 2 in a row. I'm a complete lightweight when it comes to..... everything!! I'm a 3 drink drunk :lol:
  • nutmegoreo
    edited December 2016
    Options

I definitely get the light/spinny headed nauseous feeling if i make them too strong and have 2 in a row. I'm a complete lightweight when it comes to..... everything!! I'm a 3 drink drunk :lol:

I can't even get to three drinks anymore :laugh:

I can't actually drink coffee, even the smell is nauseating to me. Last time I had a sip, I felt ill for three hours.

Huge bummer!

It really is. I hear so many good things about it. And there are days when the caffeine in tea just isn't enough.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

I can't actually drink coffee, even the smell is nauseating to me. Last time I had a sip, I felt ill for three hours.

Huge bummer!

It really is. I hear so many good things about it. And there are days when the caffeine in tea just isn't enough.

Oddly enough my aversion to coffee (I had it as bad as you to the point where I would get physically ill drinking half a cup - useful when I wanted a sick day from work :wink: ) vanished after they removed my gallbladder. In its stead, I now can't deal with alcohol. It all tastes like badly corked red wine... :astonished:

The doctor is still scratching his head about that one...
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I kid you not, I used to drink 20+ cups of coffee a day, it doesn't faze me at all. I slept better then than I do now at 4 cups a day and energy wise I feel no different between the two
  • TrueAsGod
    TrueAsGod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have tried Phentermine for a period of 3 weeks and all it did was make me sick.
  • 513csun
    513csun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on Phentermine now. This will be my 3rd time taking it, only because I have taken it after each baby I've had and needing help with the weight loss. It definitely helps suppress my appetite and the only really side affect I have now after being on it for 3 weeks is dry mouth, which actually helps my water intake. As of this day I gave been on it for 21 days I believe and I hit 10lbs lost! I like it because it helps reteach me how to eat right and get back into that healthy lifestyle and state of mind.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Huge bummer!

Oddly enough my aversion to coffee (I had it as bad as you to the point where I would get physically ill drinking half a cup - useful when I wanted a sick day from work :wink: ) vanished after they removed my gallbladder. In its stead, I now can't deal with alcohol. It all tastes like badly corked red wine... :astonished:

Interesting. I would be much more sad over not being able to come alcohol.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »
    Yep, I tried it, It's evil crap!

? Evil crap... how?

I'm a tad bias, I think i copped the majority of the side effects.

3-4 hours of broken sleep a night, if i was lucky.
    Moodiness, crying at the drop of a hat, just general weirdness and was just not myself.
    Struggled to drive a car because of the constant haze i was in.

Long story short, it would have destroyed my marriage had i stayed on it.

This was my experience as well. I also had heart palpitations multiple times a day every single day. It was not comfortable at all, but it raised no red flags to my doctor (who was kind of an idiot, in hindsight - she also scolded me for eating an egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast one morning in my food log. I'm so glad I am more educated on nutrition and calories and am able to fit things like that in my diet from time to time and it's not a big deal).

She failed to wean me off properly and I dealt with a deep depression with really bad mood swings and binges for months afterwards. During that time I put the weight back on that I lost on the pills (about 26 lbs) and I swore I'd never put myself through that again.

Needless to say it isn't something that I'd recommend.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Huge bummer!

Interesting. I would be much more sad over not being able to come alcohol.

*shrugs* I can live with it. I was drinking too much anyways. Although I do sometimes miss having a good glass of red wine with dinner.
  • neroa201
    neroa201 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm taking and all the side effects are there. Unfortunately I took it not really for the weight loss but because I needed the temporary energy. The doctor said once a day for 30 days. But I take it once or twice a week just for the energy boost. However I did take it for a week straight and I noticed the dry mouth etc... it has helped me lose 40 pounds in 2 months but, I'm very inconsistent with the douse by the end of the first month I still had more than half the bottle. So I think the weight lose is mostly your own personal decision not the drug. But meh that's just me. I know after this next doctors appointment I'm never taking it again since I rarely used it for weight loss, my new habit came from my friend pushing me.