Wanting to lose 35 lbs in 6 months or less

Options
I am looking for a simple menu that will let me lose 1.5 to 2 pounds per week with moderate exercise.
If someone knows of such a menu that would help me a lot.

I am 63 with a few health issues and need to get my life back

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The menu is going to be less important for weight loss than the number of calories you eat. Have you tried entering your information into MFP and getting a calorie goal?
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No I'm just getting back on here, I have been gone from here and just opened mfp again when I posted this but yeah I need to do as you say
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be a problem. Just enter your data and see what it spits out. The menu is really what you want it to be. Pay attention to the macros and nutrition data, it's pretty easy to adjust as you go.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a basic menu template that works for me (61 yo female). I used this for 1500-1700 cals, but you could easily adjust the portion sizes or snacks for your calorie goal.
    Breakfast: oatmeal & yogurt or 2 eggs & fruit
    Lunch: turkey & cheese wrap with fresh veggies, or similar
    Dinner: grilled lean protein with veggies & salad
    3-5 Snacks:
    protein bar
    protein shake
    rice cake or english muffin with PB
    apple or orange
    yogurt
    cheese stick
    1 square 86% cacao dark chocolate
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks lorrpb , this is the type of ideas I am looking for. I am also trying to stay around 1500 cal.
    Can I ask what you use for the wrap and how do you make your protein shakes ? I am just getting back on here after a long break and appreciate all the help I can get.