Keeping positive vibes

Options
Hi everyone

Just starting out here and I just wondered how u all keep positive minds? I always start out really well and feel good etc then someone with make a comment or something will happen and I just turn to food (my comfort) but I want to stop this vicious circle as I know I deserve to be happy and achieve the body and wellbeing I want xx

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Friends who share the same health, fitness or wight loss goals as me - either IRL, here on MFP, or on other social medial platforms - have been a big help to me whenever I feel negative thoughts creeping in or my motivation waning.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Having MFP friends really helped me, its nice to get praise when you lose some weight or do a good workout :smile:

Keeping focused on how good you would feel being able to fit into a smaller size can help.

Even the simple logging of meals can help us feel more in control of our eating habits.

Never pay heed to others negative comments, do this for YOU and noone else make up your mind to never let a comment derail you.

All the best.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I suspect many of us have struggled with this. For me, a major shift happened when I realized that my problem was my own thinking about my weight, my diet, my goals, etc. I was unhappy about being heavy and unhealthy, but I was not prioritizing the things that would change it.

Here's how I think about it now. I want to be healthy and feel good. That means I have to make it a priority. So now I do. And instead of feeling bad when I "fail", I feel good about all of the things I do for myself.

I began by making small, sustainable changes. I log all of my meals with MFP daily (as I am eating them). I aim for modest calorie deficits daily. I try to replace carbs and especially simple sugars with proteins and higher fiber alternatives. I try to get some physical activity daily. When I can do more, I do more. I celebrate each one of my successes, no matter how small, and I forgive myself when I fail to live up to my ideals, because I am only human.

Doing that, I have lost 40 pounds over the past 9 or 10 months. I plan to lose some more. I'll know how much when I get there. And because of how I got there, I am confident that I will be able to keep it off.

Good luck. You can do this.