Flapjacked pancakes

Options
Has anybody tried the flapjacked protein pancakes before? It says to just add water but I was thinking I could replace the water with egg whites to get more protein in? Has anybody done that the pancake mix? Wondering if it will be dry.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Try it?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Kodiak cakes? They are good with water alone and yes more filling etc with egg and you can also add milk.
  • BenjaminBacon
    BenjaminBacon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey @annaclaireblack you can definitely use egg whites to amp up the protein, but you'll still need to use water to activate the whey protein isolate. Just use 2 tablespoons less water when adding 1 large egg. @MelanieCN77 also had a good suggestion to use milk instead of water, that will make the pancakes a bit more fluffy. Let me know if you have any questions. I work at FlapJacked and it's our family business :) - Ben
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love these. I do use egg whites or a real egg in them. And/or unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It is not too dry. I also add in a little bit of Log Cabin no sugar maple syrup sometimes. I think these mixes are so good!! I like the buttermilk and cinnamon apple ones best.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I add quite a bit of egg white and its great! also added in vanilla protein powder which is nice as well.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You can even go whole hog and make a cake-y cake*:

60 g Kodiak cake mix (or FlapJacked? Never tried that brand...)
    75 g Unsweetened applesauce or pumpkin puree
    3 Tbsp Egg white
    2 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk

Mix in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke for 2 minutes OR cook it in a rice cooker. If you use the dark chocolate mix, I recommend a tablespoon of Hershey's syrup for a topping and some whipped cream. If you use the buttermilk mix, a tablespoon of all-fruit is really good on top.

(* Recipe cribbed from Lil' Buff Bakery's cake recipe, which is also good stuff: https://www.lilbuff.com)
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The Flapjacked Mighty Muffins are also delicious if you ever find them to try! Just make sure to really mix it well before cooking it. And do not use too much water! I know you asked about the pancakes, but I thought you may be interested in these too!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Never had FlapJacked, but for Kodiak Cakes I do 1 cup mix, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup water based on another user's recommendation. Much protein, so delicious. I used to make it with an egg, but I like these ones better now.
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've been buying kodiac power flapjack cakes for a couple of years now, adding just water does still taste great. Adding milk, or eggs, or even making something else such as muffins with it is up to you. I highly suggest you look up the recipes for the mix online, you'll find a lot of different healthy protein pack recipes that are delicious! <3