Trying to hit 210 by March (pics)

Options
Andrew, 25, 177 lbs. Trying to hit 210 by March 2017. Any advice would be great.
wum5h5.jpg
IMG

Replies

• andrelittle2323
    andrelittle2323 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have a great base to build on but chasing the scale and trying to gain 30lbs in 3 months is not a good plan. As a male, at most, you could hope to gain 0.5-1lbs of muscle per week. This would net you somewhere near 12lbs of muscle in that time frame.

I would advise you take it slow otherwise you'll have a long cut ahead to lean out again.

With my metabolic rate, the weight I can already lift, my caloric intake of 3,600 calories and minimal cardio I don't see 200 being out of the realm of possibilities. I've always been the skinny kid and so far I'm doing pretty well of beating that stigma.
  • andrelittle2323
    Options
    I'm not saying you can't weigh that much, I'm saying if you get there too quickly you will gain more fat than muscle.

That's true too. It's a hard balancing act.
  • andrelittle2323
    Options
    Don't let "beating the stigma" of being a skinny kid in school get the better of you. You don't want to be the fat kid that lifts.

Nicely put bro
  • melody329
    melody329 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, WOW what an awesome body. If you're married, she's one lucky lady
  • andrelittle2323
    Options
    melody329 wrote: »
    I just have to say, WOW what an awesome body. If you're married, she's one lucky lady

LOL thanks Melody ;)
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Andrew, 25, 177 lbs. Trying to hit 210 by March 2017. Any advice would be great.
    wum5h5.jpg
    IMG

Half of that goal is possible if you are not hitting your legs at all.

If you're all upper body, gaining another 10lbs from the waist down will be easy since you haven't done anything with legs, especially if you haven't been doing deadlifts.

Are you wanting to add 33 pounds of muscle by March 1st? If you really never worked out and your legs were skinny, I would say you shot at 15 pounds. That being said, your pictures are in a gym so scratch the first part of my statement. I can't see your legs so I'm not sure about the second part.

I would suggest a clean bulk cycle then start cutting mid to late February.

I've seen many folks gaining 33 pounds of muscle in 6-8 weeks at the gym, but they're on the juice.

Frank
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're not the the skinny kid at school any more

So take it slow so that your cut isn't monster

No leg shots though..so I will presume you're not forgetting leg day ;)

Good luck
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Let me give you some perspective.

This guy is only an inch and a half shorter than you, weighed about 196 in this picture, has been lifting for 18 years or so, and is on a few different "supplements".

tz04czeu57ar.png

To say that your stated goal is unrealistic, without getting unacceptably fat, is an understatement. ;)
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Let me give you some perspective.

This guy is only an inch and a half shorter than you, weighed about 196 in this picture, has been lifting for 18 years or so, and is on a few different "supplements".

tz04czeu57ar.png

To say that your stated goal is unrealistic, without getting unacceptably fat, is an understatement. ;)

Don't make him anger....

Frank
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just eat in a slight surplus and continue lifting, don't chase a specific weight and don't fall into the trap of getting fat chasing mass, classic mistake for natural lifters. You look good as it is, steady improvements is all you need.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you manage to gain 33 pounds by March, the vast majority of it will be fat. If that fits with your goals, figure out what your calorie intake will need to be to gain about 4 pounds a week and go to it.

The figures I've most often seen quoted say that a genetically average male beginner with optimal diet and training (and no "assistance" from anabolic drugs) can put on about 0.5 pounds of muscle per week. So in 8 weeks you could theoretically put on around 4 pounds of muscle. The other 29 pounds would be fat.

^ But that's for a beginner. You appear to have spent some time training and have already put on muscle, so the closer you are to your genetic potential, the slower (and lesser) the gains will be.

For a good read on this, go here: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/ In particular, read the section under the heading "How fast can you actually gain muscle mass?".
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    tattygun wrote: »
    Just eat in a slight surplus and continue lifting, don't chase a specific weight and don't fall into the trap of getting fat chasing mass, classic mistake for natural lifters. You look good as it is, steady improvements is all you need.

This. Why is 210 the magic number? Why does it have to be March?
  • bber2014
    bber2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes look at realistic targets. Eating at calorie surplus i.e. Plus 200lbs with a high bevel of protein can help. Train heavy and often. Each body part twice a week? Work your quads hard they are your biggest muscle and help the growth hormones if you do. At 210 and muscular you would be really huge. Is that what you want? Give your self a longer deadline if you are really keen to achieve this but importantly eat clean and be prepared to put in extra hard work in the gym. Good luck
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You have a great base to build on but chasing the scale and trying to gain 30lbs in 3 months is not a good plan. As a male, at most, you could hope to gain 0.5-1lbs of muscle per week. This would net you somewhere near 12lbs of muscle in that time frame.

I would advise you take it slow otherwise you'll have a long cut ahead to lean out again.

I just gotta weigh in here really quick. I can appreciate your goals and determination and dont allow anyone here to tear you down. But the only way you would have ANY chance of putting on damn near 30lbs in 10 months (of muscle) would be if you were taking steroids my man. Its just not possible to put on 30lbs of muscle in 3 months brother even if you were on gear.