Weigh-in on Wednesdays?

Options
Anyone ever find a reason we usually weigh less on Wednesdays? Does anyone here usually wait until Wednesdays to weigh in for the week?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh less on Mondays.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I used to see my weight be the lowest on Fridays, but I think that's because I'm more strict/consistent during the week. It's doesn't really matter what day(s) you use for your weigh in. Just be consistent and do it in the morning after you use the bathroom and before breakfast. That will give you the best reading.

You could also do 2-3x/week and take an average. That works great too to minimize the effect of water retention.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lot's of people (whether they admit it or not) go overboard at the weekends and it takes a few days for the water/food to leave the system.

Personally my lowest weigh in's happen exclusively on Fridays and Saturdays.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My lows tend to be on Fridays. I step on the scale every morning, but only record it on Mondays. That's usually my highest weight of the week - I like to see that high weight dropping... Psychological, perhaps, lol.

Doesn't matter what day you pick, just that the trend over time is going the right direction.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    This will vary between people-I always weigh my least on Thursdays :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to have a specific low day. I weigh every day and it is all over the map.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm usually lowest on Wednesdays too. But I tend to over do it on the weekends and Wednesday night I do this crazy workout with friends and I always and heavier after the workout for a couple days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Body weight fluctuates...it isn't static...you have all kinds of changes in water retention/release, more/less waste in your system, etc. My low weight tends to be on Thursdays or Fridays. I'm sure hormones have something to do with it as well as more indulgences on the weekends.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to have a specific low day. I weigh every day and it is all over the map.

Same here. Wednesday does seem to be one of my higher days, but there is no real pattern.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's just convenient alliteration as an aide-memoire.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My low day is Saturday. Apparently Tuesday is the day for the lowest airfare tickets.
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I started weighing and tracking every day because I wanted to build a trend chart. Over the last 30 days, so far Fridays are my lowest numbers while Wednesdays are the second lowest. I don't want to talk about Tuesdays....
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Sunday. I don't know if that is always my lowest day or not since I don't weigh daily.
    I just picked a day and stuck with it. I don't eat or drink differently on weekends.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself after a rest day, because when I run or do a hard workout I tend to retain more water. I also try to avoid weighing after we've gone out to dinner, since restaurants tend to use a lot more salt than I do.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh on Monday, but this week I forgot and weighed today... My mom used to weigh on Fridays so that she could "be bad" on the weekend, and then had the whole week to try to recover...