28 / In need of support and workout buddy

Options
Need an accountabilibuddies and a motivator! I will be happy to do the same for you!

Recap! The last five years have been an emotional roller coaster and my weight has shown that. I very unhealthily dropped down to 130 in early 2014 and was barely eat, barely sleeping, no energy, drank most of my meals.. within six months I had hit 160 by the end of 2015 I had dropped back to 145. I started eating a bit better but I gave myself too many cheat days, I exercised but not steadily enough to make a difference. It took me 9 months to shave 6 pounds off of my weight, then I fell off my bike and broke my shoulder. Became depressed and now I am back up to almost 160. I don't carry it well at all, I am horrifyingly self-conscious and very miserable about my weight. But instead of just not eating, I would prefer to do it the healthier way.

I need a workout buddy. Not near me is fine, I am very very shy in person. I would just want a texting buddy or emailing-buddy to motivate each other into working out, maybe at the same time? Or just by talking about diets and managing them. I took a bunch of health classes in prep for medical school (didn't pan out, yay depression) so I do know HOW to do it, it's just a matter of ACTUALLY doing it.

Bit about me:
I am 28, I'm a god damn lady and I have a kitten named Hannibal a giant floof ball of trouble. My best friend is my partner, J, who has supported me through all of this. I work at a reception job so I don't move much during the day but my coworkers also bring in all sorts of snacks and pastries that sit in the break room all day. (that I must valiantly walk past to feed my coffee addiction)

If nothing else, just looking for friends as I restart my journey to being healthy and losing weight.

Replies