Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbit One Syncing issues

Does anyone have constant issue with the Fitbit One not syncing with the FitOne App on their IPhone 5. When I first got my Fitbit one...which was only 2 days ago I had no issues...and now its not syncing. It says it trying and looks like the syncing is running but it never does anymore. I have did all the troubleshooting that is on the FitBit website and nothing is working. Any one else running into this and how did you resolve it?

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    I've been having trouble with mine all day. It's finding it fine, but not getting it done. Given it has to connect to Fitbit's servers to complete the process I'm guessing that's the issue if others are having it.
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    I've been having trouble with mine all day. It's finding it fine, but not getting it done. Given it has to connect to Fitbit's servers to complete the process I'm guessing that's the issue if others are having it.
    ok...Its finding mine as well but that is it. I had issues with it since yesterday. At least now I know I am not the only one. :)
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    I can't sync mine today. It always has issues but today it's giving me error after error even after I uninstalled/reinstalled. So frustrating.
  • Bluebox32
    I can't sync mine today. It always has issues but today it's giving me error after error even after I uninstalled/reinstalled. So frustrating.

I have done the same and that did not help either.
  • Does the fitbit one sync with MFP?
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Have you guys tried resetting the tracker?
  • helenfox
    helenfox Posts: 4 Member
    Mine is also not syncing at all today....not to the computer and not to the iPhone. I'm thinking there must be a problem either with Fitbit or MFP. This happened a couple of weeks ago as well. But I've only had my Fitbit for about 3 weeks so it's very annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon. Anyone at Fitbit or MFP reading these messages? Help!!!!
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    I believe their site is getting updates/fixes so its been down for the most part. I have a zip and have been having issues the last couple days as well.
  • hollyschomaria
    hollyschomaria Posts: 1 Member
    Mine is also not syncing today. I just got it a few days ago and was afraid I had done something wrong. Hopefully it works again soon, I check my dashboard about 20 times a day!:smile:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Mine One isn't syncing to my iPhone or the web site. I figured it was a problem on their end.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    I hate when this happens, you become so dependent on the information the fitbit is feeding you, its like when the phones go out at work or something lol!!! I will try turning my fitbit off and back on when I get home, that has helped in the past!
  • inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi! I've been having problems syncing my Fitbit Zip for the last few days. I even went to the extent of taking the battery out of the Zip; deleting the iphone app; and deleting my Fitbit account. I tried starting over fresh and the same problem existed. I did notice that when I was trying to re-create my Fitbit account that I would get "the site is down for maintenance" pop-up. I guess they're having problems again.
  • Bluebox32
    They know this is a problem now...this message is on their site:

Notice: Our engineers are aware of an issue affecting syncing, setup, and updates using the Fitbit Connect client and our mobile apps.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Yep - no syncing this morning. And the LED on my One is broken so the only way I can see my steps is via syncing via computer or iPhone
  • wallemon
    wallemon Posts: 1
    Here's a fix that worked for me:

I had the same issue as everyone else. My FitBit One would go through the process to sync to my iPhone 5, but get stuck on the 'Syncing....' prompt forever. Closing the app and other solutions did not help.

I noticed that the FitBit app does need an open connection to the Internet, in order to talk to the FitBit server. Even if Bluetooth connectivity is established with the FitBit device. If there is no clear Internet connection, the device will not return an error. Instead it will get stuck on 'Syncing....'.

The FitBit One app on my iPhone will not sync with my FitBit One when I am at work and my phone is on the corporate network. Or when there are other Bluetooth signals nearby. Or if my iPhone has Wireless and cell data on at the same time.

So, if I am having trouble Syncing, I turn wireless off and run data through my cell carrier. The app does need to be fixed by FitBit, since other apps don't have this problem. I hope this helps.
  • gb9810
    gb9810 Posts: 1
    Thank you! I had not realized the fitbit - iPhone bluetooth sync requires access to the internet. Indeed, as soon as I turned cellular data on, I got past the perpetual "syncing" stage.