When you're the only one dieting...

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I cook mostly the same foods, I just cut down on added butter and oils (spray oils have been very helpful for this).
  • John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cook ahead, usually Sunday, and I make extra of things so I can serve it multiple times or have it for lunch. For dinner we always have a protein than I stick to produce side dishes, maybe made that night, maybe reheated. My daughter swims competitively nearly year round so I usually serve some pasta or rice (she doesn't like any potato) for her, and my husband may or may not eat some of that as well. So we definitely do some customization. I'll do a big bag of zucchini noodles on Sunday. We may have a Bolognese on Monday, husband and I eat the zucchini, kid eats pasta. A stir fry on Tues, I'll toss it with zucchini they'll both eat rice. Sometimes they want something like chicken parm (which isn't worthy of MY extra calories IMO) I'll take a left over veggie dish and have it with eggs while they have parm. It just comes down to planning ahead - which is a pain but leads to success.
  • manther88
    manther88 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one that is going to be dieting. Trying to encourage my husband to join because his health is important even if he can't see it yet. He eats so terrible. I usually cook two meals just because he doesn't eat everything I do. We eat the same protein meats and most veggies but he likes the more starchy veggies and I'm trying to get away from that.

It's very hard to be the only one dieting. He likes some sweets that I like and he eats it in front of me on purpose to see if I'll eat it or not. Rude. I'll show him that I'm not weak anymore!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    One meal only in my household - take it or leave it - Portion control - husband can have more than I

Same one meal option only (I'm the cook of the house). 6 members, ages 7 to 76, all with different energy needs. They get the same foods, but in the appropriate portion. If they don't like what's served, they can go hungry, eat leftovers from the fridge or make a PB&J.