Help me!!! IF

Im like 20 pounds overweight, i recently had to move back with my family and they are so unhealthy. I got into their eating habits and gained like 7 pounds. I really need motivation. I want to try intermittent fasting but cant seem to stick with it. Any ladies want to help each other out. Add me

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    The recent gain of 7 pounds will likely come off fairly quickly if you address it right away. Probably 2/3 of that newest gain is likely water woosh.
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Join the IF group, you will lots of support there.

IF for the loss
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    IF is not magical and doesn't create weight loss. It is a tool to help people adhere to a calorie deficit.

You need to focus on total calorie intake and exercise rather than an eating pattern.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    If you find intermittent fasting hard to stick with after repeated attempts, then it may not be for you. Have you considered other approaches?

Quoted cos truth
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    The best thing you can do is develop a plan and talk to your family about it. Ask for their help as you start this journey and explain why it's important to you. Invite them to do it together with you. If you can get a couple of them to join you, it'll be way better.

Also, set up specific and appropriate calorie and macro goals and establish a solid (tough) exercise regime. After that, it all comes down to consistency. If you need some help, hit me up. I'm more than happy to help you get started.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    I love IF but it's not for everyone and it's not what matters for weight loss. To lose weight you just need to eat at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals. If you're struggling with IF then I would ditch it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I love IF but it's not for everyone and it's not what matters for weight loss. To lose weight you just need to eat at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals. If you're struggling with IF then I would ditch it.

^This.

IF has been incredibly helpful to me in managing my appetite, but it's not for everyone. It has nothing to do with weight loss. It's just a tool.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

Exactly. The main goal of IF is to have a schedule that makes dieting easier. If it does not make dieting easier for someone, then they are wasting their energy on it. There are many ways to achieve a calorie deficit, so experiment until you find something that fits your needs and circumstances. Don't stay stubbornly married to one idea that doesn't fit you and risk a burnout.