Im back!

Options
I didn't think it could happen to me but I put 18lbs back on in 6 months. I went from a slim 150lbs to 168lbs as of this morning & feeling fat & bloated. On the bright side I caught it & am determined to get it back off by the summer. I thought I was better than that... :(

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    18 lbs isn't terrible. Welcome back and good luck! This time around take a good look at why you gained it back, maybe you can make some adjustments going forward to keep it off this time since you don't have too much to lose.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Important thing is you're addressing the gain now and will be correcting it. It's not a big deal in the scheme of things and you'll be back at target before you know it :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Roughly you consumed 380 calories over maintenance for 6 months. Not a vast amount but goes to show that it all adds up over time.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    18 lbs isn't terrible. Welcome back and good luck! This time around take a good look at why you gained it back, maybe you can make some adjustments going forward to keep it off this time since you don't have too much to lose.

Too much BEER!! lol

I tend to gain weight during the three months of our deer hunting season. Lots of time spent away from home with my buddies = too much bad food & more beer than I should be drinking in the evenings. Its amazing how many calories are in a 2 or 3 beers...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 beers = 380 calories. Thanks for doing the math @trigden1991
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! The same thing happened to me - we are human! I lost 45 lbs back in 2013 and put about 15 of them back on between June 2015 and July 2016. I caught it and shed it back off by September 2016. You can do this! The good thing is that you've done it before and know what to expect! Good luck, feel free to add me if you'd like a friend with a similar experience!