Christmas dinner

Options
Is anyone else waiting till dinner to eat all ur calories or is that a bad idea?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, it's fine. I can't wait that long to eat so I won't be doing it but there is nothing wrong with it :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Never works for me, I always wait as long as possible to eat in the morning but I get dizzy if I don't eat anything... Thankfully we have an early Christmas dinner, so it usually covers lunch and dinner.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not me. We are only having regular dinner and pie for Christmas and I will eat normally the rest of the day.
    On Thanksgiving I ate an apple for breakfast, had a reasonable lunch and reasonable dinner with 1 dessert serving instead of waiting all day to eat. I wouldn't want to be around me if I didn't eat until evening.
    Depends on you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No...but my Christmas dinner is much more low key than, say, Thankgsgiving. Christmas dinner is usually ham with some veggies and usually either roasted or mashed potatoes...pretty standard meal in that it's a lean protein, a veg, and a starch.

I'm also not one to stuff myself until I'm sick...I hate that feeling and don't understand how people can do that...I usually have a plate of food and call it a day.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I don't but mostly because we have to go BF parents at 12 to eat and then my parents at 4 to eat.

I plan to eat a little bit at both places.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not. I would be too hungry and more likely to overeat. But there is nothing inherently wrong with that approach. It just doesn't work for me. I will probably have lighter meals early in the day, but I won't skip them completely.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I also don't think I could go until 5 or 6 PM without eating anything...also, without any food in me, I'd likely be sloshed with wine by dinner time...

Also OP...from someone who's been doing this for over four years...it's just one day...enjoy your holiday and time with your family...it's pretty damn irrelevant to the big picture.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to exceed my maintenance calories Christmas day, because I'm planning to have a somewhat large piece of pecan pie. That does not mean that I will be disappointed if I don't exceed my maintenance calories. It just means that on that one day I won't worry if I exceed my maintenance calories. I've lost 5 lb from my weight on the morning of Thanksgiving Day, so I have no fear of consequences from allowing an indulgence on Christmas.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I will likely sleep in Christmas day (my kids are all grown and have their own Christmas with their kids before coming to our house in the evening), work out after I get up, have a brunch or late lunch/breakfast which will be light in calories and high in protein, then I'll do Christmas dinner. So two meals for me that day instead of three, but the dinner will be large, and there will most definitely be lots of goodies after dinner, egg nog, pie, etc. I expect to maybe hit the 4000 calorie mark that day lol. I may cut back the next two days but not necessarily. I figure once New Year's is done I'll get back on track. I planned for a 5lb gain anyway.