New

Options
What do you all think about MFP vs. WW? I am here needing to lose 50 lbs and have done so once before on an 800 / 1000 calorie diet. I know that is not healthy and hope to lose it doing mfp. Anyone have any advice? Anyone around the same stats as me? 5'1" 175.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've never done weight watchers, but have looked at the program and it made my head hurt. MFP was easier for me, so this is where I came to lose my weight. :) I'm 5'4", so not quite as short as you, but I was able to lose weight eating significantly more than 800 calories per day (closer to 1500). You didn't put the weight on over night, so it's not going to come off overnight. Remember, any progress you make losing the weight is more progress that you made before you decided to get healthier. My Advice?

1. Listen to MFP's calorie suggestion and don't go too far under - you'll just make yourself hungry (which causes you to eventually lose it and decide you REALLY need the chips/donuts/chocolate/etc.)
    2. ACCURATELY and HONESTLY log all of your food intake even when you don't want to admit it. Trust me, we've all had those days. Log it, accept it and move on.
    3. Trust the process. You won't lose the weight over night, but if you're doing it smart, you'll be creating habits that you can live with for the rest of your life. The 'diet' doesn't stop when you lose all the weight. In order to keep the weight off, you'll need to change the habits that got you to 175 pounds in the first place.

Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • krystenmcox33
    krystenmcox33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much. I plan to really buckle down and try very hard. I want to love 50 lbs and regain my life back. Again I appreciate your response.