I'm sick of hearing....

Options
mskimee
mskimee Posts: 228 Member
What is everyone sick of hearing since they started MFP or their diets? I have a few...

You didn't have 20lb to lose...
Clearly I did, cos I lost it!!

You don't want to get too thin...
Having a healthy BMI is not too thin

Men like a little meat to play with...
Sorry, I'm no ones play thing...plus I'm married!

Yeah, well MY (sister,aunty,cousin,friend,brother etc) lost 4 stone doing the (atkins, southwest, slimming world, WW etc) diet...
It's not a competition

Are you still on your "diet" thing......
It's a lifestyle change. So yeah!

Are you even allowed that piece of cake? I thought you were on a diet....
I'm a big girl, I'm allowed whatever I want. I'll enjoy it too! Just in moderation!!

Replies

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    From my mother, every time she sees me, whether I have lost or gained weight, "You look great! You have lost sooo much weight!" (Her mental image of me must be huuuge!)

From a 430 lb. colleague, while inhaling* big bags of M&Ms and almonds, "You should eat more nuts! They are great for your health!" (*shudder*)

*literally, he would eat them by inhaling and vacuuming them up from his hand into his mouth
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My jealous Mother: "You look emaciated!"
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You need to eat more! Which means you cannot possibly be only eating XXXX calories to lose weight.. But I am short, old and fairly sedentary beside exercise.

Clearly I should cause I am not losing on what I am eating.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    From my mother, every time she sees me, whether I have lost or gained weight, "You look great! You have lost sooo much weight!" (Her mental image of me must be huuuge!)

From a 430 lb. colleague, while inhaling* big bags of M&Ms and almonds, "You should eat more nuts! They are great for your health!" (*shudder*)

*literally, he would eat them by inhaling and vacuuming them up from his hand into his mouth

Oh god!! people eating makes me sick! Normal eating is fine, but over zealous scoffing/chewing noises. I'm done!!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    You can cheat a couple times a week, it won't make that much difference. Ugh, yes it will hinder all of my hard work thus far!!
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Nicki Minaj reference! I'm starting my day with a laugh!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    *in surprised voice* You've lost weight. My thought *Really - I had not noticed *

Does it take long to make your salad every day - No it is just preparing lunch
    *Whilst eating their normal daily sandwich* Does eating a salad a day not get boring - hmm no it is different every day, your sandwich is not
    You must have spend ages in the gym for loosing so much weight - well not after I lost most of the weight - Just eating less was most of it.
    Go on you can have *insert crappy sugarbomb* you have lost so much weight - *rolls eyes*
    Stop loosing weight you are disappearing - No I'll stop when I am good an ready and that is not yet
    Logging food - soo boring can't work, what food group are you not eating - well it did
    You should cut out *insert fad food of the moment* *rolls eyes*

And when I do have a scheduled snack - OH can you have that on your diet.

Heard them all and gettign rather fed up with it all
  • drawaimfire
    drawaimfire Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Nicki Minaj reference! I'm starting my day with a laugh!

Lol. Talk about an age gap. That's actually a sir mix a lot reference samples by nicki.

Exactly what I was thinking, though in a way, Nicki brought it back, which was nice of her ;-)

Everyone else still know all the words by heart from the original, but can't remember where their keys are half the time? Ahhhh brain, you tricky minx!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »

Video or it didn't happen... :wink:
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    "Are you losing more weight?!" (Actually, I'm toning up now, but thanks for noticing...)

"You eat chocolate?!" (Every *kitten*ing day, *kitten*...)

"You look great...I really need to get on My Fitness Pal...what's the website again?"