Is it possible for me to maintain?

Okay so I made a grave mistake(maybe) I am new to the fitness community to excuse me if I sound ridiculous haha.So I was kind of desperate to loose weight.I ran on the treadmill with 2 incline on 9mph for an hour everyday sometimes when I'm in the mood I'll even do more (20mins extra) etc and I was eating healthily.Note that I didn't do crash dieting I just removed all fatty foods.I do that 7 days a week and I have lost weight.(2kg a week) And now I have finally reached my goal I want to maintain.I will still eat healthily and only junk food sometimes and I want to run 3-4 days a week for maybe 40mins.Will I still maintain?Im really worried.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    if you eat the correct number of calories, yes, you will maintain
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    sure, as long as you do not forget to log the calories (and stay under) you should be okay
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    The formula for Maintenance is "calories in = calories out". Weight loss is "calories in < calories out" and weight gain is "calories in > calories out". If you're reducing cardio (calories out) that's fine, just as long as calories consumed isn't greater. Don't worry too much, you're not going to gain it back overnight. Check your weight once a week, at the same time (e.g. Saturday morning when you first wake up) so you're not getting thrown off by mid-week fluctuations. Track that weight and adjust either calories in, out, or both accordingly.
  • jacquienewell
    jacquienewell Posts: 1 Member
    I think it's hard to maintain and honestly it took me a while to learn what weight I am able to maintain. I really would like to be 5 pounds less but in order to maintain that, I cannot eat any sugar or alcohol and I have to keep up the cardiovascular and strength exercise at least 4 or 5 times per week. I have to say it is really worth it tho to keep up with monitoring calories in and exercise so that it feels good at the maintenance Weight!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    You want to increase your calories ("junk food sometimes") and cut your activity in half (7 days a week for 60-80 minutes to 3-4 days a week for maybe 40mins). You are hitting CICO from both ends, so unless you know your calories, you do run a risk of overdoing it, especially given that you were running a large deficit while losing (2.2 kg per week). You are going to have to experiment with maintenance to find the sweet spot.