Initial Withdrawal/Cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,015 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    What are you eating? That seems extreme for an 1800 calorie budget and just 20 lbs to lose.

Well, most of my calories come from snacky foods, as I prefer to munch throughout the day and eat smaller meals. I eat a lot of strawberries, grapes, blueberries, walnuts, granola bars, apples, yogurt, string cheese and etc. For breakfast I usually have oatmeal or cereal, a turkey sandwich for lunch and chicken with rice and a vegetable for dinner.

I think the budget is lower because I am mostly sedentary. I am a stay at home mom with a four month old and so I don't get much exercise. I am 5'8 and 190 lbs.

I used to be a snacker, but found when I made meals with a moderately higher protein and lower carb count I stayed fuller longer, and mostly lost the urge the urge to snack. I aim for about 400 calorie meals, which I consider smallish.

When I do have a snack with fruit, I have protein and fat with it. For example, I no longer eat apples whole - I'll have 2 ounces of apple, a slice of cheese, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Yes, this has more calories than just an apple, but it keeps me fuller much, much longer.