Hello, i am Corrie. I am sitting in à wheelchair because of Ehlers Danlos syndrome and overweight. I

caverloop
caverloop Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I live in the Netherlands

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Hi Corrie,

It is really difficult to be in a wheelchair for any reason. I am not but I know there are other members who are. Since you mentioned you are overweight, I am assuming that you join MFP to lose weight. If your interest is exercise, there are a number of books and videos available that would help you establish a seated exercise routine for yourself. You can do a full body workout while seated.

As far as weight loss, have you a plan as to what diet you wish to follow? I had to change my plan because I have recently be diagnosed as gluten intolerant. This is in addition to lactose intolerance. So I have to take that into account in my own diet.

Send me a friend request if you like.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    That must be really hard Corrie, if we can help do send a Message
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Hi, Corrie! One of my children was diagnosed with EDS a couple of years ago, so I can imagine a little what challenges you face daily! The good news is that plenty of people have been able to lose weight by changing how they eat alone. My thoughts are with you!
  • carolyncox1650
    carolyncox1650 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Corrie. I have a similar problem. Occasionally I have to use a power chair because I cannot walk long distances because of RA and lupus. However around the house I try to use my rollater. I try to walk as much as I can but because of back problems and having to use a simulator to take care of back pain I am limited. I wish you luck and will be praying that the Lord will help you lose the weight